Toby Foster Sacked? Returning 27/1!

Really, really pleased to say the least. Morning radio has just not been the same and Radio Sheffield lost me since he left. This news has made my day. I fully expect 'best behaviour' but I know that it'll be just great to hear him back. Toby, if you read this, welcome back :)

I have to admit he is a bit of a character BUT he has a tendency while on air to run his words into each other making it very hard to understand what he's saying. :huh:

BBC Radio is often stuck between a rock and a hard place in this respect. Too much audience share and it's accused of abusing the licence fee to stifle commercial operators, too little and it's wasting the licence fee on unpopular and expensive programming.

Heres what the local BBC Radio aim is,

The remit of BBC Local Radio is to provide a primarily speech-based service of news, information and debate to urban and rural communities. Speech output should be complemented by music. The target audience should be listeners aged 50 and over who are not well served elsewhere. There should be a strong emphasis on interactivity and audience involvement.

I didnt realise that there was the amount of old codgers on this thread that it seems there are:D

Heres what the local BBC Radio aim is,

The remit of BBC Local Radio is to provide a primarily speech-based service of news, information and debate to urban and rural communities. Speech output should be complemented by music. The target audience should be listeners aged 50 and over who are not well served elsewhere. There should be a strong emphasis on interactivity and audience involvement.

I didnt realise that there was the amount of old codgers on this thread that it seems there are:D

Now that is very interesting to read and explains a lot about the woeful quality of programming and choice of presenters.

So really what we have here is a government funded service providing a market for a very specific section of the population. RS is obviously a radio equivilent of meals on wheels or home help then.

Well, in that case no point it even being compared in the ratings or trying to compete. Might as well be treated with the same critique as Sheffield Live or Hospital Broadcast Services.

Now that is very interesting to read and explains a lot about the woeful quality of programming and choice of presenters.

So really what we have here is a government funded service providing a market for a very specific section of the population. RS is obviously a radio equivilent of meals on wheels or home help then.

Well, in that case no point it even being compared in the ratings or trying to compete. Might as well be treated with the same critique as Sheffield Live or Hospital Broadcast Services.

Heres the source.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/statements2009/nations_regions/eng_regions.shtml

I find Kidley's revelations regarding the official Radio Sheffield target audience a real shock and frankly disturbing surely they shouldn't be targeting any specific category of listener, our community is full of all ages who like radio I am in total shock if this is right. :o

OH Billy i do apologise i would sit down and have a cup of Horlicks, om

OH Billy i do apologise i would sit down and have a cup of Horlicks, om

ECCOnoob's bang right no wonder the presenter line-up is like it is and very unlikely to change. :(

Welcome back Toby:)

He's just conducting am interview with an agent trying to recuit dwarves for stagnights.

The agent's just stated that" there's a Big market for Dwarves"

Is it me, or is there a subtle irony in that statement! :-)

Just listened on my way in to work....Good to have him back on the Radio!

Regards

Doom

Here Here !

I nearly had forgotton how uplifting it feels to listen to Toby. The fact that he is a comedian is just a bonus. He is just naturally funny and makes me smile and even quite often LOL.

It's only when you hear them one after the other you realise how irritating Paul Walkers voice is.