Toby Foster Sacked? Returning 27/1!

I'm pleased TF's returning! :):)At least he put's the "local attitude" into local radio, rather than the current incumbents who, despite trying their best, just produce a generic sterile BBC approach. I'm sure this translates well with the corporation mandarins, but I'm just a plebby listener and I know what I like!

Whoop! Really chuffed to hear that :)

If you don't like him, you know where the *off* button is!

If you don't like him, you know where the *off* button is!

Looking at the regular listening figures people have been doing that for years.

Hallam audience share around 12.2%

Radio Sheff around 7.1%

Peak FM (which only covers South Sheffield, Chesvegas and a lone hillock on the edge of the peak) pulls 7%

Even wee little Rother FM managed to get 6.8%

OK, now those gereric figures were from September/Oct 2013 but it really just shows how this supposed flagship station with or without Foster's gob is falling way behind iwhatever they try to do.

Edited by ECCOnoob

The Big Count Down Starts 22Hours to go R S @ 7am T F

Normal service will resume

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I can't wait !

Maybe he can help lift these January blues, even if it is starting with a snowline. He does that so well too lol.

Get ready you teachers for the Toby Master Whohoo !!!

Looking at the regular listening figures people have been doing that for years.

Hallam audience share around 12.2%

Radio Sheff around 7.1%

Peak FM (which only covers South Sheffield, Chesvegas and a lone hillock on the edge of the peak) pulls 7%

Even wee little Rother FM managed to get 6.8%

OK, now those gereric figures were from September/Oct 2013 but it really just shows how this supposed flagship station with or without Foster's gob is falling way behind iwhatever they try to do.

I think you may be twisting stats to aid your argument, Radio Sheffield does quite well in the list compiled by RAJAR compared to other local stations, mystifyingly Hallam does even better, just proves that the majority can only listen to total blandness.

I think you may be twisting stats to aid your argument, Radio Sheffield does quite well in the list compiled by RAJAR compared to other local stations, mystifyingly Hallam does even better, just proves that the majority can only listen to total blandness.

my bold

that somes up 75% of Radio Sheffield to a tee, as soon as T F as finished i switch to another BBC station. thats not to say i am a big fan of his, i just listen to see what he comes out with next, he does bring a smile to my face some time, but i will say this i dont find him funny.

[/b] i just listen to see what he comes out with next,

Georgie Spanswick yesterday morning within 3 minutes said Ah Ha with take me on there and now Niel Diamond,she puts on Neil Young :suspect:

I don't think we'll get anything out of the ordinary tomorrow from Toby just a decent normal show again, if anyone is expecting something special forget it he'll be on best behaviour and will definitely not be mentioning the war. :hihi:

WELCOME BACK FATLAD WE'VE MISSED YA. :):):)

come on toby get donnys new mayor on your show see what she has to say about all the planned cutbacks :hihi:

cant believe hes back...................................its just not fair at least the nights are getting lighter thats far better.

BBC Radio is often stuck between a rock and a hard place in this respect. Too much audience share and it's accused of abusing the licence fee to stifle commercial operators, too little and it's wasting the licence fee on unpopular and expensive programming.