Toby Foster Sacked? Returning 27/1!

Tubby Foster! I would rather listen to Tony Blackburn. :gag: Mr Angry is the best there has ever been on radio.:rant::thumbsup:

Hope is wife doesn't chuck him out and he has to go and live with his Romanian brother in law.

I think it's his brother who lives in Romania.

It's not about having an opinion of whether you like someone or not it's wishing ill of someone and posting it that's distasteful. It's like the comments made about Maggie Thatcher when she died. I disliked the woman but would never ever wish evil of them.

I don't wish evil on him. But I'm glad I don't have to hear his gormless voice again. He's a comic, he'll laugh these negative comments away, don't worry, he's a big lad.

Edited by byeo

cant belive this... foster is great.... he has a spaniel, give that man his job back now .

cant belive this... foster is great.... he has a spaniel, give that man his job back now .

Keith Lard was caught once with a Spaniel.

I think it's his brother who lives in Romania.

i thought his brother lived in hungary - although i haven't listened for a while

in the days when i switched the wireless on in a morning i listened to toby by default - all other alternatives were worse to me

nowadays i quite like the sound of silence in a morning - there's enough noise the rest of the day

i thought his brother lived in hungary - although i haven't listened for a while

in the days when i switched the wireless on in a morning i listened to toby by default - all other alternatives were worse to me

nowadays i quite like the sound of silence in a morning - there's enough noise the rest of the day

Actually, yeah you're right, because he ALWAYS talked today going to the Hungarian GP with him.

Reading people's opinions here it is pretty clear he was like marmite (or Henderson's to go with the local theme). But I don't think it is a bad thing to have marmite on the radio, if you don't like it you can switch over.

I just get tremendously bored with all the stations trying to sound like each other 'because that is the interesting marketing demographic.'

I personally thought he did a decent job of deflating the elected mayor of Doncaster, a couple of years ago. The way he took the wind out of his sails was second to none!

The trouble was he was like that with everyone he interviewed, even if it was someone struggling for work or complaining about the bedroom tax.

He was an 'Im alright Jack'. Im glad the pompous git has gone.

Wonder what he's done wrong - in can't be the fact that he is an arrogant, pompous, self-opinionated, boastful presenter because that applies to most of those hired by the BBC and he has won awards. Unfortunately the radio at work is permanently tuned to Radio Sheffield... so I am nauseatingly familiar with his incoherent babble - for which we licence payers shell out a handsome fee. He then boasts that he runs a company with a £1 million turnover, hiring comics,promoting shows and performing stand-up every weekend. I'm surprised he has the time to grab all the cash the Beeb throw at him for his breakfast show and fronting Inside Out. He is obviously a hard worker and I have no problem with people earning wads for hard work and enterprise in a free market. I just have a problem with the BBC and the way they splash the cash when they don't have to chase the ratings for commercial reasons.

Reading people's opinions here it is pretty clear he was like marmite (or Henderson's to go with the local theme). But I don't think it is a bad thing to have marmite on the radio, if you don't like it you can switch over.

I just get tremendously bored with all the stations trying to sound like each other 'because that is the interesting marketing demographic.'

Most DJ's in the morning seem intent on talking you death. Most like their own voices and have egos to match.

How about Classical, it's a nice way to start your day (chilled and relaxed). Alternatively, I listen to Radio 2. Chris Evans isn't all that bad and the music is about bearable :)

I have to come out and admit the shock and bitter disappointment at the way Tony Capstick was treat by BBC Radio Sheffield for a very long time probably had me blinkered to ever really getting to like his replacement Toby Foster but to be fair on Foster he was most of the time for me a pretty good listen and I would bet now whoever they next find to replace him will be far more boring and unfunny to listen to unless the hierarchy there are willing to trawl far and wide outside the station's waters to get someone of real standing in.

I hope they don't promote from within, for a start I wouldn't want Paul Walker I'd like him to go back to what he's best at and that's covering sport on RS. While they're playing at musical chairs can they get rid of Andy Giddings from the football phone-ins as well, leave Andy to matchday commentaries where he's best and let's have Messrs Walker, Staton and Brinell alternately I just switch straight off whenever Andy Giddings is doing it.

After all the dust has settled I suspect we'll get a bigger picture of what's happened to Toby from Toby himself via his twitter account if last night was anything to go on!!! .. that's if any golden handshakes don't restrict him from blabbing about it of course.

By the way as someone has already said it was good to see Toby taking his dismissal so well last night!!!. :hihi::thumbsup:

Edited by Billy24