Toby Foster Sacked? Returning 27/1!

Crikey, that's a much more reasoned and reasonable reply than my posts usually get!

I've listened to a bit of RS sports stuff. Though not POG. There's a commentator who's quite good, but says "tight to the touchline" a lot.

I wish the Green 'Un was back...but that's another closed book. I talked to my young children about sitting in pub at 6-ish on a Saturday night waiting for the Green Un man to come in... they did not grasp the concept at all.....

Yes mate the owd internet certainly saw the Green Un off din it, :( hardly ever missed a copy in the 70's, 80's and 90's it's only available now through the web isn't it never ever thought it would come to that.

Chunks of RS is poor you are right but I'm still grateful for having it and like I say I love the sports side I know this will get pelters but I'd have more sport incorporated in the breakfast show. [dives for cover] :hihi:

Yes mate the owd internet certainly saw the Green Un off din it, :( hardly ever missed a copy in the 70's, 80's and 90's it's only available now through the web isn't it never ever thought it would come to that.

Chunks of RS is poor you are right but I'm still grateful for having it and like I say I love the sports side I know this will get pelters but I'd have more sport incorporated in the breakfast show. [dives for cover] :hihi:

The Bernie Clifton comedy show on a Saturday lunch time is just about the finest radio available, the sport is a must especially for those that cannot attend football due to ill health or skintness,.

Toby gets up my wick some times as he is to opinionated on certain topics when he should be neutral , He along with other presenters can some times bore us all to death by telling us about their kids ,their holidays [wait for it] and their home life.

Some one should tell them that we would rather listen to radio four than be bombarded by their personal problems and love life.

Nearly forgot the giggling lass who pees hersen every time Toby utters a non joke that only he along with the giggler thinks is funny.

Edited by cuttsie

The Bernie Clifton comedy show on a Saturday lunch time is just about the finest radio available, the sport is a must especially for those that cannot attend football due to ill health or skintness,.

Toby gets up my wick some times as he is to opinionated on certain topics when he should be neutral , He along with other presenters can some times bore us all to death by telling us about their kids ,their holidays [wait for it] and their home life.

Some one should tell them that we would rather listen to radio four than be bombarded by their personal problems and love life.

Nearly forgot the giggling lass who pees hersen every time Toby utters a non joke that only he along with the giggler thinks is funny.

Yeah, this is my point exactly. Companies, etc., think that bad publicity from RS will damage them; hence the grovelling. **** that. Foster is a no-mark who got lucky. As for "Saint Rony"....hoy them out and let's see how they do on proper radio.

whats annoying me is the sports presenters on rs that have started talking in sentences one word at a time with a 2 second pause in between,hard to explain on here but just listen to football heaven and you...............will....................see..................what.......i.........mean, a bit like that, they all do it gets..................on......................my.................nerves

whats annoying me is the sports presenters on rs that have started talking in sentences one word at a time with a 2 second pause in between,hard to explain on here but just listen to football heaven and you...............will....................see..................what.......i.........mean, a bit like that, they all do it gets..................on......................my.................nerves

Ahhhhh Andy Giddings you mean then. :hihi:

---------- Post added 25-08-2014 at 17:08 ----------

When Gids got the sports editors job after Paul left I have to admit my first thought was oh my god no that means we'll get him all the time on the breakfast show but surprisingly for me I actually think he's been quite decent on it and funnier than Paul W although I know that's not exactly saying very much. :hihi:

Another plus to Andy landing the editors job is it's keeping him away from Football Heaven a lot more more often and that's definitely a good thing especially as Jonathan Buchan has come in and so far has been kinda good.

As for "Saint Rony"....hoy them out and let's see how they do on proper radio.

Leave our Rony alone :rant:

He's got a very great interview manner, and he's not an annoying prat like that Tobias is.

I would miss the breakfast show if it went, I would miss Toby Foster if he went too so I would never call for it to go but is it time for a format change on this show?. Some mornings it's as boring as hell, I certainly don't blame Toby for this but there's just not enough local news for them to discuss to keep it interesting in my view.

How about introducing some national news into the show when there's nothing much to talk about locally?, maybe more comedy too with a few different random studio guests to create some fun?. These last months I've really tired of hearing all about our local pavements and roads, Page Hall and the Slovakian Romas, our diets, the Barnsley freedom riders etc etc etc.

I also think they need to find a better super-sub than Paul Walker, I like Paul and in the sports dept he was second to none but blimey he's damn boring on the breakfast show even though he does try his best.

I like Kat a lot and think she should replace Jen.

I know some will disagree with all that but there must be also some out there that agree, tell us what you all think.

I listen to Radio Sheffield between 7-8am to catch up on local news. I agree with you though about narrow subject matters. I'm sick of hearing about the freedom riders etc. I like Toby Foster and think he would be a brilliant presenter if Radio Sheffield followed the LBC formula of phone-ins on current topics that impact on society as a whole and not just regional. I love really good debates.

Leave our Rony alone :rant:

He's got a very great interview manner, and he's not an annoying prat like that Tobias is.

They all start to believe their own publicity after a while. "I'm a professional Sheffielder" etc. I remember colleagues in the public sector, due to be interviewed by Rony, practically ****ting themselves. Why? Coz "I'm a (local) Celebruiteeeeeee!" As Chris Mullin remarked of John Humphrys "an opportunist liberal who has never had to take responsibility for anything in his life".

I listen to Radio Sheffield between 7-8am to catch up on local news. I agree with you though about narrow subject matters. I'm sick of hearing about the freedom riders etc. I like Toby Foster and think he would be a brilliant presenter if Radio Sheffield followed the LBC formula of phone-ins on current topics that impact on society as a whole and not just regional. I love really good debates.

I'm so glad someone else agrees, Toby's a good presenter in my view but the show badly needs some injection of life into it talking about what we eat, the Romos, pavements, council tax etc gets very boring after a while so why not at least mix some national content in with local as well to liven it up.

I'm so glad someone else agrees, Toby's a good presenter in my view but the show badly needs some injection of life into it talking about what we eat, the Romos, pavements, council tax etc gets very boring after a while so why not at least mix some national content in with local as well to liven it up.

Because its Radio Sheffield, a local radio thats its licence Billy

Because its Radio Sheffield, a local radio thats its licence Billy

I never thought about that Kidley is their broadcasting licence limited to only broadcasting local content then do you officially know?.

No i dont think so, but there licences is for local interest so as not to compete with the national stations. The national stations dont give local news hence the creation of local radio.