Toby Foster Sacked? Returning 27/1!

I think Cluemaster is the funniest thing on there.

Each to his own Wallace ... but you do realise that the bloke that's driving will have been there earlier to drop off the envelopes.

The thing that drove us to Radio 2 was the tripe dished out on Sunday morning by Howard Pressman, his faux sense of puzzlement, the screeching lass and the stupid voice of the cluemaster all made up the most puerile radio programme ever put out by a radio station.

I've started trying to guess when the car will go 'hilariously' wrong and have to do a u turn in order for them to have a close finish.

Each to his own Wallace ... but you do realise that the bloke that's driving will have been there earlier to drop off the envelopes.

I don't take it that seriously it's just a laugh.

Please Mr.Foster ... do us all a favour and play 'Oliver's Army'.

with *that* line in it? :o

with *that* line in it? :o

What would happen to him P.T if he did

What would happen to him P.T if he did

I dread to think. The DJ who played "The Sun Has Got His Hat On" played it, unaware that the original had an offensive word in it. He fell on his sword.

I suppose it would also depend on whether the record was played knowingly/ intentionally to cause shock or offence.

I would miss the breakfast show if it went, I would miss Toby Foster if he went too so I would never call for it to go but is it time for a format change on this show?. Some mornings it's as boring as hell, I certainly don't blame Toby for this but there's just not enough local news for them to discuss to keep it interesting in my view.

How about introducing some national news into the show when there's nothing much to talk about locally?, maybe more comedy too with a few different random studio guests to create some fun?. These last months I've really tired of hearing all about our local pavements and roads, Page Hall and the Slovakian Romas, our diets, the Barnsley freedom riders etc etc etc.

I also think they need to find a better super-sub than Paul Walker, I like Paul and in the sports dept he was second to none but blimey he's damn boring on the breakfast show even though he does try his best.

I like Kat a lot and think she should replace Jen.

I know some will disagree with all that but there must be also some out there that agree, tell us what you all think.

its all ready been done on this thread, done to death as well

its all ready been done on this thread, done to death as well

Hiya again Kidley!, ;) sorry I hadn't realised it's all been discussed before I better go back into the archives and see what people were saying at the time. I'm all for having a local breakfast radio show talking local matters but when interesting local news is thin on the ground they really need to beef it up with other stories nationally to keep everyone interested and listening.

I'm sure Sir Tobias Foster would favour this it must be like flogging a dead horse for him at times.

Local radio is crap. Over inflated egos of presenters who think they are God's gift to the "community", whatever that is. Everything is reported with a really clear bias. I work in the public sector and was told we had to make "special arrangements" for a forthcoming visitor because "they are well connected at Radio Sheffield". My response didn't get me many Brownie (nose) points. The only time they really fill up the vacuum of their own self-importance is when there is SNOW! And they enjoy themselves hugely, reading out the lists of schools open and closed...."Pipworth (or wherever) closed to pupils; staff report in as normal....hard luck if you were expecting a lie-in...Tee-Hee!!" And much more. I would neither notice nor care if Radio Sheffield imploded tomorrow and consigned all its presenters to the ether....

Local radio is crap. Over inflated egos of presenters who think they are God's gift to the "community", whatever that is. Everything is reported with a really clear bias. I work in the public sector and was told we had to make "special arrangements" for a forthcoming visitor because "they are well connected at Radio Sheffield". My response didn't get me many Brownie (nose) points. The only time they really fill up the vacuum of their own self-importance is when there is SNOW! And they enjoy themselves hugely, reading out the lists of schools open and closed...."Pipworth (or wherever) closed to pupils; staff report in as normal....hard luck if you were expecting a lie-in...Tee-Hee!!" And much more. I would neither notice nor care if Radio Sheffield imploded tomorrow and consigned all its presenters to the ether....

Respect your views on BBC Radio Sheffield Boldforester your fully entitled to them as we all are but I can't agree with you no way. Yes I think the breakfast show is at times boring, yes there are other shows/presenters I think are below par and boring too but there are also some very good shows on this station and the local sports side is simply brilliant in my view one of the best for local sport in the entire country I should think.

Respect your views on BBC Radio Sheffield Boldforester your fully entitled to them as we all are but I can't agree with you no way. Yes I think the breakfast show is at times boring, yes there are other shows/presenters I think are below par and boring too but there are also some very good shows on this station and the local sports side is simply brilliant in my view one of the best for local sport in the entire country I should think.

Crikey, that's a much more reasoned and reasonable reply than my posts usually get!

I've listened to a bit of RS sports stuff. Though not POG. There's a commentator who's quite good, but says "tight to the touchline" a lot.

I wish the Green 'Un was back...but that's another closed book. I talked to my young children about sitting in pub at 6-ish on a Saturday night waiting for the Green Un man to come in... they did not grasp the concept at all.....