Toby Foster Sacked? Returning 27/1!

BBC Radio Sheffield don't have to rely on filling Toby Foster's slot from within surely or are things really that bad financially?. If TF's really gone for good that frees up cash for a replacement from outside anyway doesn't it?.

I don't know about the breakfast show I think the whole station schedule could do with a total restructuring to improve it and make ihe sport is first class but most of the rest is pretty much pants.

Sorry to be so pessimistic but this is just how I see it. :(

Have to agree with you.

Regularly listen to Georgy Spanswick at night time she been missing for a few months now and have to say the stand ins for her other than Diana Luke are absolutely dire. Walker And Giddings should be up for award compared to the muppets on at present .

Things can only get better.

Perhaps we should post our preferred schedules on here ( gets tin hat out) to give us a chance of telling BBC management what we want instead of them telling us what we can have .

I'm worried where is Toby, I hope he's not been bound and gagged and thrown in a darkend room some where along with Christa Ackroyd.

We might never see him again, come on Toby where are you let us all know you're ok.

Bernie Clifton tomorrow for live ish. Can anyone see the schedule for Monday?

Everard used to do the breakfast show a few years ago and it was quite good. It was similar to the drive time show with news and local interviews. Perhaps that is the way forward.

Agreed.

I mentioned him earlier

.Anybody but Andy Craine he his shocking.

But if TF is right about women presenters taking over Breakfast let it not be Paulette Edwards. Give Sarah Major a chance.

What she'll be giving all of us a prayer every half hour on the half hour:help:

I agree- not Paulette, but also not Sarah.

I think a double act with both Jenny (either the ' good' or 'bad' one as Toby describes them) and Cat Cowen.

That could work and hey, us ladies rule !!

seems to me that their clutching at straws now.

I actually like Bob Walmsley, not heard him for ages. Andy Crane is ok , just that he likes the sound of his own voice too much and doesn't let anyone else speak.

I'm afraid I can't take any more of Paul Walker- makes me want to go to slit my wrists or to cry in the corner !

seems to me that their clutching at straws now.

Who is? Why?

Listened to bbc introducing last night and a band from doncaster called famous villains (sound good by the way) are going to play at a leaving do for a guy leaving dearne fm who's going to work in Sheffield. Is this bbc radio Sheffield? Didn't catch his name unfortunately.

The silence from BBC Radio Sheffield over Toby Foster is getting deafening why are they taking so long to come out and say what's actually going on?. :huh:

The silence from BBC Radio Sheffield over Toby Foster is getting deafening why are they taking so long to come out and say what's actually going on?. :huh:

They never will Toby, ups i mean Billy, There is no coming back he has well and truly gone for ever.

The first real business day of the year is tomorrow.

They won't make any announcement on his future until they've had meetings upon meetings to decide what they are doing. This takes time. Furthermore, in big corporations, dealing with high profile staff, they will have to make sure everything is done by the book - again this takes time.

Just because you're in the media doesn't mean you should have to have any disciplinary action you might be given made public knowledge. What is decided between the BBC and Toby should, and will, remain private between those parties.

There is no coming back he has well and truly gone for ever.

Give over, he's not gone until the BBC announce that they have fired / parted company with him.