Toby Foster Sacked? Returning 27/1!

Radio Sheffield's football presenters are brilliant. When travelling to away grounds you here other local stations, and they're nothing in comparison.

However, it's all subjective really.

It's almost pointless discussing likes and dislikes of presenters. There is no chance of there being a presenter that everyone likes is there! If there was, he or she would be unlikely to be working for a local station anyway.

I actually think the football coverage on BBC Radio Sheffield between 7.00am and 6.00pm each weekday is very fair on the non-football liking listeners all there is is a one minute mention of it after the hourly news and a short round-up half hourly and this is for all the thousands of people who want to know what's going on with their local teams and your right Ash the coverage on this station is first class.

The football phone doesn't start while after 7.00pm and the people who dislike football have just had to chance to listen to 11 hours of radio on RS and no football apart from the short updates I would have thought that was fair.

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 17:02 ----------

He became ill and died a long time ago.

Martin Kelner doing the 10pm to 1am slot in the late 70's was the best ever on Hallam. 'The Cow-Dung-Beef Supporters Club', 'Auntie Kel's Problem Page', 'The Universal Philosophers'.... the man was a comedy genius and also a very nice bloke when you met him in person.

Fully agree I remember listening to him regularly it was a great show. :thumbsup:

Nearly forgot to say sorry to hear that about Ray.

Edited by Billy24

Really disappointed if this is true. I switched from Radio 2 to Radio Sheffield because I much prefer talking than music in the morning. I love listening to Toby - he always covers stories well and I like his no nonsense style of presenting. He's also quite comical. I can see why people don't like him but it has been perfect for me. Looks like I'm back to Chris Evans then or Radio 4 :(

Really disappointed if this is true. I switched from Radio 2 to Radio Sheffield because I much prefer talking than music in the morning. I love listening to Toby - he always covers stories well and I like his no nonsense style of presenting. He's also quite comical. I can see why people don't like him but it has been perfect for me. Looks like I'm back to Chris Evans then or Radio 4 :(

Someone has just posted on another website that Toby's still down in the BBC Radio Sheffield schedules to do the rest of the week I answered back if he's just had a row and fall out with a boss that doesn't mean he's necessarily out knowing the beeb he's probably got 100 bosses. :hihi:

Genuinely can't believe this. Always thought he was the golden goose of radio Sheffield. I really do wonder why he would be sacked.

They got rid of him too. :D

Did they? My understanding is that he left of his own accord. Speak to any of the others and they would have him back tomorrow.

Genuinely can't believe this. Always thought he was the golden goose of radio Sheffield. I really do wonder why he would be sacked.

Probably cos he got too big for his boots and thought he was indispensable, untouchable, unsackable

Why? they just sing songs with swear words and think they are funny! Its the Roy Chubby Brown school of humour.

Dont take them too serious!! They, with or without Toby, are just a group of mates having a laugh. It just so happens that a boat load of folks from Sheffield (and beyond) happen to enjoy what they do and pay money to go and see them.

Yes there are occasional rude words but who cares if it makes you smile.

O2 Academy 21st Dec SOLD OUT. Cant be such a bad thing.

Probably cos he got too big for his boots and thought he was indispensable, untouchable, unsackable

But his show is without a doubt the best one on radio Sheffield. Seems a major own goal if they've sacked him just to shows who's boss.

But his show is without a doubt the best one on radio Sheffield. Seems a major own goal if they've sacked him just to shows who's boss.

:suspect: I'll beg to differ there about best show. I personally thought he was awful, couldn't stand to listen to him. They've done me a massive favour, I can listen to radio sheffield in a morning now :hihi::hihi:

#SaveOurToby same old BBC who's next to face the chop?

#SaveOurToby same old BBC who's next to face the chop?

:nono: don't save Toby......pleeeeaaasssseeeee