Is Racism wired into you genetically ?

Skin colour is a climate adaption.

You can't draw any conclusions about anyone being outcast due to the colour of their skin back in prehistory, based on the evidence. There is no need for that conclusion from the evidence.

No it isn't, its a genetic mutation that happened to benefit humans in a different climate, but the climate didn't cause the mutation.

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 20:00 ----------

Well, provide it then and back your theory.

If you are interested you will find it yourself, and if you can't find it then you aren't interested.

No it isn't, its a genetic mutation that happened to benefit humans in a different climate, but the climate didn't cause the mutation.

If you are interested you will find it yourself, and if you can't find it then you aren't interested.

No, I insist. Feel free to back up your claim.

Clearly that wouldn't have been the case when the first white humans emerged, they would have been a minority amongst black humans, so they clearly chose to mate with other white humans over the majority black population, or they had no choice because they were outcast by the black humans.

If we believe the stories about the origins of mankind then I guess we were all black at one time, but white folks didn't just appear overnight-they weren't a 'mutation'. Caucasians evolved over time due to not having the same necessity for melanin in the skin that their black forebears had because they'd moved away from areas of high sunshine.

Those who've moved back in recent history (European Africans and Australians) show high levels of melanoma and I guess without the intervention of medical science would die out if they didn't integrate with indigenous populations and become black again..if you can excuse the vernacular.

If you are going to make claims then please have the courtesy to back them up with the relevant link.

If we believe the stories about the origins of mankind then I guess we were all black at one time, but white folks didn't just appear overnight-they weren't a 'mutation'. Caucasians evolved over time due to not having the same necessity for melanin in the skin that their black forebears had because they'd moved away from areas of high sunshine.

Those who've moved back in recent history (European Africans and Australians) show high levels of melanoma and I guess without the intervention of medical science would die out if they didn't integrate with indigenous populations and become black again..if you can excuse the vernacular.

According to the evidence we are white because of one random gene mutations, the same gene mutation that also created the white tiger.

Who did then, Nick Griffin?

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 20:11 ----------

According to the evidence we are white because of one random gene mutations, the same gene mutation that also created the white tiger.

You been on them supremacist websites again angos haven't you? ;)

If you are going to make claims then please have the courtesy to back them up with the relevant link.

I already did, but they can't be arsed to read the posts or the links, they are just trolling and they could just as easily provide links to support their claims.

Climate causes the genetic mutation within a grouping within the relatively short evolutionary period of 100 generations.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/a-night-of-exploration/articles/the-human-family-tree-facts/

As I said before, my point stands. There is no need or basis from the evidence you have provided to suggest anyone was outcast in prehistory because of their skin colour.

I can find references, but only to outdated theories from evolutionary pyschologists in the 19th and early parts of the 20th century. Nothing but refutations since then.

Perhaps you have something more current you could reference?

Climate causes the genetic mutation within a grouping within the relatively short evolutionary period of 100 generations.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/a-night-of-exploration/articles/the-human-family-tree-facts/

As I said before, my point stands. There is no need or basis from the evidence you have provided to suggest anyone was outcast in prehistory because of their skin colour.

I can find references, but only to outdated theories from evolutionary pyschologists in the 19th and early parts of the 20th century. Nothing but refutations since then.

Perhaps you have something more current you could reference?

From your link, believing isn't proof and the link you are looking for is in one of my posts further back in the topic.

Scientists believe that major changes in skin color can happen in the relatively short evolutionary period of some 100 generations. Notably, skin color can change from both dark to light and light to dark.

I already did, but they can't be arsed to read the posts or the links, they are just trolling and they could just as easily provide links to support their claims.

I've shown you mine, now it's time for you to show me yours :)

http://psychology.about.com/od/socialpsychology/a/attitudes.htm

From your link, believing isn't proof and the link you are looking for is in one of my posts further back in the topic.

Scientists believe things because evidence supports the conclusions. You have yet to provide any evidence to support your racism theory.

Here is some further evidence, a study showing that White skin in europeans and in asian populations evolved seperately. Not as you suggest because of prehistoric racism.

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/24/3/710.long

I've shown you mine, now it's time for you to show me yours :)

http://psychology.about.com/od/socialpsychology/a/attitudes.htm

I didn't need you to repost it because I read it the first time. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 12-12-2013 at 20:39 ----------

Scientists believe things because evidence supports the conclusions. You have yet to provide any evidence to support your racism theory.

Here is some further evidence, a study showing that White skin in europeans and in asian populations evolved seperately. Not as you suggest because of prehistoric racism.

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/24/3/710.long

What an odd thing to say, white skin is the result of a genetic mutation and as nothing at all to do with racism.

Edited by angos