Http Error 503.0

I have a subscription to Genes Reunited and I have just returned after two weeks away to find I cannot get on the site as the screen tells me -

Http error 503.0 Service Unavailable

Can anyone tell me how to get back onto the site and get rid of the problem.

I am using Windows 7.

Help appreciated.

PopT

This is an error with the website at their end - there's nothing you can do to get rid of the issue - you'll just have to wait out them fixing whatever the problem is.

I have managed to get back ont the Genes Reunited site by adding their URL into the Compatability View but unfortunately I have to do this everytime I want to use the GR site.

I have tried to contact them but every contact goes through their site (Another Faceless Site) and the error 503 message comes up again after you try to send a message to them

I guess I'll have to move on and see if there is a more reliable site that looks after their customers.

Aprreciate any comments or advice

Popt Not Happy, absolutely Peed Off

It works fine for me, Win 7 and Firefox.

It technically has to be an error on their side (server unavailable) that usually occurs when a site is experiencing something called a DDoS attack, or when they are struggling to provide enough bandwidth.

However, due to you mentioning compatibility view I wonder if you have an outdated browser, try updating your browser to the latest version or install an additional browser. I assume you are on Internet Explorer, try here:

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Don't forget to tick the box asking for Bing and MSN defaults, unless you prefer those.

Alternatively you can try Firefox:

Firefox

Or Google Chrome:

Google Chrome