Pubs open christmas day night

A relative of mine was a licensee for years. When they were allowed to decide whether to open/close Christmas night, he decided to close. It was the only night of the year he had to relax with his family, without worrying about the business. Surely bar staff deserve one night off. The pub is not an essential service.

A relative of mine was a licensee for years. When they were allowed to decide whether to open/close Christmas night, he decided to close. It was the only night of the year he had to relax with his family, without worrying about the business. Surely bar staff deserve one night off. The pub is not an essential service.

That's what thought cytine, about the pubs being closed on xmas day night, to give the staff a day off.

Think the Porter Brook on Eccy Road is open on Christmas Day - at the very least they are serving food on the day...

Before children came along I always had the intentions of going for a drink on Xmas day night but was always defeated by the turkey dinner. As for the original post firth park wmc I think usually opens

The Bay Horse in Pitsmoor is open Christmas Day night apparently.

The Ball at Crookes is open all afternoon and evening on Christmas Day.

Fagins is open on Xmas Day night , me & my brother have been in the past .

And what is it with nasty comments !! . I don't understand why some threads end up in a slanging match . :(

Travellers at Ecclesfield are usually open Christmas day to serve Christmas dinner but not sure about night.

I wonder if the Brown Bear, Hen and Chickens or the Bankers Draft in Sheffield city centre will be open on Christmas day so people can purchase any last minute electrical items or 'designer' clothing?

Yes how unfair, they should be open xmas day night, because they are ONLY open every night all year round.:hihi:

And every other night of the year, that's why they call him Chunky.:hihi: