Help! Hole in roof and insurance won't help!

Please help...we have a large hole in our roof after the bad weather last week, Insurance have only offered a couple of hundred quid as the roof is in a bad state anyway (been patched together with clips by previous owner) and if there's further storm or water damage we're no longer insured.

I'm ringing round for quotes but one guy said we'd be lucky to get it sorted this side of xmas! Need someone to come and sort it even if it's just sticking a temporary cover on before we get any heavy rain.

Desperate!!!

Please help...we have a large hole in our roof after the bad weather last week, Insurance have only offered a couple of hundred quid as the roof is in a bad state anyway (been patched together with clips by previous owner) and if there's further storm or water damage we're no longer insured.

I'm ringing round for quotes but one guy said we'd be lucky to get it sorted this side of xmas! Need someone to come and sort it even if it's just sticking a temporary cover on before we get any heavy rain.

Desperate!!!

Luxuary Bathroom /Knackerd roof .Which should have been done first.

When you take out insurance there is a question about the state of your home and whether it is in good repair. If you said it was in good repair and it isn't you are lucky to be getting any money out of them at all - sorry if that sounds harsh but it is reality

I don't have a luxury bathroom...it never got done because I had to reduce my hours at work, but thanks for the sarcastic comment.

You're right about the insurance, we knew from our survey that the roof was nearing the end of it's life but there were no leaks or missing tiles etc...probably serves us right for neglecting it

Anyway I've stopped freaking out now, someone is coming to fix the hole tomorrow and now we're reviewing the finances to see how we're going to fund a new roof in the new year.

Ring Dave at DJF Roofing he did mine this weekend after the storm. made a good job his no is07564488984

Or go talk to a loss assessor and see if you can get them to up the amount.

It always amazes me when an op comes on and asks a perfectly reasonable question how quick people are to provide sarcastic and unhelpful advice.

Try on the level roofing, I rang for them to look and they did it then.

Hope you get it sorted soon, I've had some minor damage but nothing by comparison by the sound of it.