10 hardest men in football

Surprised not to see Norman " bite your legs" Hunter on that list

Don Revie turned up at a Leeds United training session and noticed Hunter was absent...he asked the trainer where he was and was told "Norman's gone home with a broken leg" Revie said "Who's was it?" :)

Just glad Roy Keane isn't thought of as 'hard', little bag of irish wind pipsqueak.....:hihi::hihi:

Really? you obviously don't know much do you? Roy Keane trained as a boxer in his youth & according to his trainer was good enough to have been a professional.

Manchester United at one time employed an ex SAS guy known as 'Ned' Kelly to handle their security.

Much to their annoyance he wrote a book about his experience there.

In the book he related the story about how Peter Schmeichel was a bully boy who had a habit of picking on players.

On one occasion when 'Ned' Kelly happened to be present Schmeichel made the mistake of picking on Keane.

Keane was sat down & Schmeichel came over, looked down at him & started ranting.

Keane never said a word. He simply jumped up & hit Scheichel with a right hook which sat him on his arse & left him 'out of it '.

Personally, I am in two minds about Keane, having not forgiven him for the World Cup exit when his country needed him.

But don't lets get silly, Keane is hard.

Schmeichel is 6-3 whilst Keane is 5-10. One punch was all it took. :)

Schmeichel is 6-3 whilst Keane is 5-10. One punch was all it took. :)

Being tall doesn't help in stopping yourself from being knocked out by a punch. Height makes no difference.

No matter how big you are one unexpected punch can deck most people.

Tommy smith,he was a no nonsense full back,hard but not dirty.

Schmeichel is obviously not only taller he is considerably larger as well. Knocking him on his backside was not really the point was it?

There was nothing to stop Schmeichel picking himself up & having a go back was there? Or waiting a day or so & doing it then. He didn't because although he was known for physically intimidating people Keane would have cleaned his clock.

As I say I'm not particularly a Keane fan accept for his football ability. And I am definitely not a Man U fan.

As to Tommy Smith he got sorted down the lane by Tony Currie & admitted the fact in his autobiography called ironically enough 'I did it the Hard Way'.

Currie could look after himself.

Knocking Schmeichel on his backside was the point you made though. It's the classic bully scenario. The bullied person fights back when least expected and the bully leaves them alone from that point. It doesn't mean that either of them are 'hard'.

I'm not saying he isn't hard, just that the scenario doesn't mean much.

Knocking Schmeichel on his backside was the point you made though. It's the classic bully scenario. The bullied person fights back when least expected and the bully leaves them alone from that point. It doesn't mean that either of them are 'hard'.

I'm not saying he isn't hard, just that the scenario doesn't mean much.

The reason I know about this is, as I said in my original post on the matter,is because it was in a book written by an ex SAS man employed by Man U to look after the players because some threat had been made.

I had no idea that nit picking was going to take place. :)

The guy who wrote the book mentioned this incident as a summary of how he viewed the various players. He thought Keane was hard.

The scenario you have laid out above involves the bully picking on the victim over a period of time & the victim eventually snapping.

It was Schmeichels first, & last, attempt to bully Keane.

As I stated, as a youngster Roy Keane was a talented boxer, his trainer felt he was good enough to eventually turn pro. He packed in boxing when he set his heart on a professional football career. Roy Keane can handle himself.

Hopefully we are now clear & I can stop defending a Man U player as it's against my normal instinct. :)

Maybe the fact is Schmeichel is a pussy cat. ;)

Yes that must be it :D

Mark Dennis total nutter, sent off 12 times and was called psycho, long before SP filled his 1st nappy. Oh and Trevor Hockey and Billy Whitehurst.

I don't think you can call him a "hard man",but Sergio Ramos seems to be red carded every other week(probably just a bad tackler).