Sheffield decent homes

It well may be if this is the standard in the public sector.
open your eyes :roll:have you not seen the likes of veolia/capita/kier all making profits for themselves while giving less of a service to council taxpayers.

open your eyes :roll:have you not seen the likes of veolia/capita/kier all making profits for themselves while giving less of a service to council taxpayers.

And they are chosen by? Our council. Public sector money paid to the council in rent and council tax. We elect councillors, they are responsible for choosing who does the work.

And they are chosen by? Our council. Public sector money paid to the council in rent and council tax. We elect councillors, they are responsible for choosing who does the work.
yes they done well for the taxpayer :roll:

Who did work ygi? Parsons? Or ashtons ?

Parsons did. well are still doing mine. Total shambles from start to where we are now on week 10 !!!

Oh gosh well i work for parsons and have done for last 7 years they are a very good firm but im leicester devision i do no there men are stretched alot they took on all ygi mess ups so trippled work load no excuse i no but they are doing there best they have had alot of hassle due to ygi mess ups lets hope mr alan parsons sorts it for you very soon

Parsons did. well are still doing mine. Total shambles from start to where we are now on week 10 !!!
are you reading this miss macbeth:roll:

Oh gosh well i work for parsons and have done for last 7 years they are a very good firm but im leicester devision i do no there men are stretched alot they took on all ygi mess ups so trippled work load no excuse i no but they are doing there best they have had alot of hassle due to ygi mess ups lets hope mr alan parsons sorts it for you very soon

to be honest , there's that many different contractors coming in for different trades with no notice given and without any one ever confirming where they are from other than saying the job that they've come to do. but Parsons is the name I hear the most alongside Kier when anything has to be checked.

Luckily YGI didn't start any work on the house, although they were scheduled to start but the start date was delayed when they went.

The workmanship on almost every trade that has been in is very poor and well below professionals standards. school boy errors are being made. for example. the overflow pipe not connected on the bath, which caused 2 leaks into the room and ceiling and wallpaper damage plus damage to a wii console. Washing machine pipes being jammed into the small space in the cupboard, instead of cutting out a small piece to thread them through, luckily i was in the kitchen and realised the water wasn't coming through or it could have caused damage to the washer. I have an endless list of damage that has been caused to our personal things from carpets to light shades,

If these things were happening in a privately owned house or a private rented house, well they wouldn't happen but because we are "only" council tenants it doesn't seem to matter that these mistakes happen. Think they forget that these houses are our homes and their actions are affecting all the family, my children have also been upset by all thats been happening on top of getting the stress vibes from us. It's not good at all and we feel as though we are being treating with no respect for our well being or for our personal belongings.

Got nothing to do with your council house every job i go to i treat as if its my own house the tradesmen they have at parsons cross are alot from ygi because parsons own lads or down leicester if you have any plumbing jobs or gas i will come down personally and sort for you

Just private message me and we go from there cause not all of us from parsons are bad

Got nothing to do with your council house every job i go to i treat as if its my own house the tradesmen they have at parsons cross are alot from ygi because parsons own lads or down leicester if you have any plumbing jobs or gas i will come down personally and sort for you

Just private message me and we go from there cause not all of us from parsons are bad

Unfortunately we don't get to pick or choose who does the work, we just have to open the door when they are sent and let them in then hope for the best.

I agree not all the work is bad, there has been some good workmen in here who have done a job and done it right and we've been happy with the work etc, but the majority of the finished work isn't good. The most annoying part has been the dis-organisation and the lack of schedules and who's coming in when and then jobs having to be re-done.

I just have to keep in mind that, the windows, heating and electrics are now better and safer and that the bathroom and kitchen are slowly getting better the nearer we get to completion of them and that the end result will be a better home for us. ....... as for the effects the whole process has had on us personally it will def be at the top of the "worst times of our lives" list

Edited by jowster

Well lets hope you get there and be worth it in end i no that alan wont let owt go if he not happy he not hand it over he is strict for that and you do have alan as your site manager just get on to him

Well lets hope you get there and be worth it in end i no that alan wont let owt go if he not happy he not hand it over he is strict for that and you do have alan as your site manager just get on to him

I hope your soldering is better than your spilling, grarmmer and rittin