Advice needed on cat

Hello!

I have an 8 year old cat who has always suffered with cold's .

Back in September she had another bout of cat flu and I took her to the Vets as she stopped eating and was very sleepy. The Vets told me he wasn't going to give her any antibiotics as she needs to build her immune system up more. She had a temperature so he gave her something for that and she was fine afterwards.

She's had runny eyes for a week now and although it started out with them running all the time, it now just seems to be in the morning or after she's had a nap. She's completely fine in herself, eating, dashing about, purring etc.

My question is do I take her to the vet?

Personally, I think I probably would, although my first attack with runny eyes is usually a wet, used teabag, gently wiped across the offending eye. I have no idea what is in it, but my mum always swore by them for our cats and it does seem to cure an awful lot of eye ailments. The only thing I would say is if you try that first, teabags are for one use only per eye and not to be used if you put milk in your tea before fishing out the bag. Oh, and let it cool down first!

I would be asking the question...is there an underlying health reason why the cat has a low immune system? I would be requesting blood tests & further investigation if she was my cat. Also, if the cats eyes are runny she may need medication & not just a wipe with a teabag. Dont want to sound like an alarmist, but my friends cat has recently had recurring cold symptoms, temperature, runny eyes etc. Turns out she had a tumor which was dragging her health down. The vet said it probably had been there for a while but had only grown big enough to detect in the last week or so. :(

I would be asking the question...is there an underlying health reason why the cat has a low immune system? I would be requesting blood tests & further investigation if she was my cat. Also, if the cats eyes are runny she may need medication & not just a wipe with a teabag. Dont want to sound like an alarmist, but my friends cat has recently had recurring cold symptoms, temperature, runny eyes etc. Turns out she had a tumor which was dragging her health down. The vet said it probably had been there for a while but had only grown big enough to detect in the last week or so. :(

She's had blood tests done in the past. Her mum was an abandoned cat and had cat flu whilst pregnant with the litter. Unfortunately, this has made my cats immune system not great even after boosters and such. She's fine in herself just seems to be this time of year she suffers more from cold like symptoms.

I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow .