Best / cheap turkey in sheffield

Are supermarkets better? First time i have ever had to get a turkey. There will be 5 adults and 1 toddler (and 2 dogs). Don't know how big to get it or anything. I would prefer fresh and we want leftovers for turkey and chips on boxing day.

Thanks guys x

peter wards farm at ford fresh

................please don't give your dogs turkey! It is too rich and could have 'explosive' results!!!!!

Are supermarkets better? First time i have ever had to get a turkey. There will be 5 adults and 1 toddler (and 2 dogs). Don't know how big to get it or anything. I would prefer fresh and we want leftovers for turkey and chips on boxing day.

Thanks guys x

I personally always buy a Turkey Crown...no wastage...and if not overcooked, very good.

Any good butcher will supply these now...if buying from a supermarket I would only recommend Morrisons.

Turkey crowns at aldi - £10, easily feed 5 or more people, only drawback is they are frozen not fresh, but i wouldnt see a problem with that.

Turkey Twizzles from Iceland, £2 for eight. With two each it will easily feed a family of four. Their battered sprouts are yummy!

I didn't think turkeys went cheep....

Edited by truman

bit late now to order fresh turkey's but plenty of frozen one's try Norfolk bronze if buying frozen, get one any time soon so they have plenty of time to defrost, I haven't been to the new market in Sheffield but you may get one there like the old castle market, remember don't, buy one bigger than your oven a mistake made by thousands every year you don't want to be sawing legs off big birds to get them in the oven

My sister, who's a smackhead, I ended up there for Christmas dinner, and we had turkey Findus crispy pancakes...that was Christmas dinner.

bit late now to order fresh turkey's but plenty of frozen one's try Norfolk bronze if buying frozen, get one any time soon so they have plenty of time to defrost, I haven't been to the new market in Sheffield but you may get one there like the old castle market, remember don't, buy one bigger than your oven a mistake made by thousands every year you don't want to be sawing legs off big birds to get them in the oven

It's only 12th December today...so why is it too late to order a fresh turkey?

24 hours to defrost an average Turkey...so it would be a bit soon to start defrosting one if it's for Christmas Day lol.

Any good butcher would be able to order fresh Turkeys right up to Christmas...

It's only 12th December today...so why is it too late to order a fresh turkey?

You can't grow a fresh turkey in 13 days! :)