Fannys Nightclub - Owler Bar

Am i the only person that can remeber gannys night club....or did i make it up

around about mid 80s:loopy:

Edited by nikki-red

Am i the only person that can remeber gannys night club....or did i make it up

around about mid 80s:loopy:

Fannys night club, yea remember going there late 70s, i think it was at owler bar. I remember seing quite a few posers there with their cars, maybe its just me but i didnt think much to the place. :thumbsup:

I didnt go myself as i was a little bit too young, but I do know of it as some of my family worked there as bar staff. My nan used to run the place when it was Fiveways Motel too!!

Fannys night club, yea remember going there late 70s, i think it was at owler bar.

Me too.

I was into Fanny's in the 70's. :suspect:

Dj at a private party there once not impressed excuss to call it something other than a resteraunt.

Fanny's nightclub isn't it now Moorlands restaurant at owler bar?

Fanny's nightclub isn't it now Moorlands restaurant at owler bar?

That's the very place.

Went up there a couple of times in the early eighties. The place was designed like a cattle market with metal rails around the dancefloor for the tupp'ny millionaires to lean on before they chose who the lucky filly tonight might be.

Hated it, I wasn't pretentious enough for them.

God I lived in fanny's in the early 80's, was living in Barlow just down the road so it was quite a hike back from city centre whereas fanny's was easy to get to - loved it too! (and no, I wasn't a ten bob millionaire, just loved a good dance!)

I didnt go myself as i was a little bit too young' date=' but I do know of it as some of my family worked there as bar staff. My nan used to run the place when it was Fiveways Motel too!![/quote']

ASK you nan if she remember Ron and stuart the dj

Yes, remember fanny very well, was a bit of a trek to get there tho'. Think they filled Tiswoz there once.