Great idea for an app?

I've just hired a new developer who will be starting with us in January and for the first month or so, while he beds in, I thought I might give him something fun to do.

So, has anyone got a great idea for an app or website they would like to see become reality?

Commercial or free, doesn't matter! (Obviously, we'd negotiate royalties or commission if it became something that generates cash)

Reply here or PM me if you prefer.

(Note: we have in-house native French and English languages if that is of interest for your idea)

I do have some app ideas, and would love them to be done.....

Drop me some contact details and we'll have a chat! :)

You could make one for SF as the off the shelf ones won't support our classifieds area.

I do have one, but I know that there is a speed to get to it first, or you may also find some tough competition out there.

I currently have a blackberry 9900, and I could not install skype on my phone. If you could enable any old blackberries to skype, or to use free VOIP with, of a high quality, then I think you will enter a very competitive market. Currently, it is in the business domain, but with the mobile phones, I think various software houses currently may move towards the domestic market. e.g. I want to call my mom in the US, and then my sister from Australia to also be on the same call, as if we are in the same room.

There was a fantastic tool before called Trillian for PCs, which enabled all the various IM types (MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, Skype, Google) to consolidate, and used as a single IM user ID, as people did not want to give up their own IM user IDs and therefore lose friends.

If there is something similar, which can handle VOIP, or a fairly high quality, and allow users to install on many type of phones, old and fairly new, then you will be on the road for something amazing to happen.

Basically, many companies want to reduce the cost of teleconferencing, and skype was one of these kind of facilities, or is now entering this kind of business domain, but with domestic market tools. i.e. iPhone etc.

Salsafan - Google Hangouts does this - it's free on every Android handset.

Salsafan - Google Hangouts does this - it's free on every Android handset.

Trillian was for all PCs.

So it means that this is locked down to Android OS only though. I am asking for a software which can work across all other OS platforms too from the other handsets. It means open up a complete whole new market. See ?

It means sitting between two generation of the wave and continue to make money as people transition between the last generation to the possible new generation as well. Many business users and companies are maybe locked down on the old contracts. Then the new technology really is the next wave of tablets, and thin clients. Which is really cloud computing.

I thought Trillian was brilliant actually.