Girls!! Would you go out with a guy who didn't have a car?

One for the girls. With winter descending upon us, would you go on a date with a guy who didn't have a car?

So instead of him picking you up and taking you on a night out, he expects you to get a bus or a taxi to meet him, and then expects you to get a bus or a taxi home again afterwards.

One for the girls. With winter descending upon us, would you go on a date with a guy who didn't have a car?

So instead of him picking you up and taking you on a night out, he expects you to get a bus or a taxi to meet him, and then expects you to get a bus or a taxi home again afterwards.

TBH, if I was car-less and in that situation, I wouldn't ever expect the date to make her own way there and back.

I'd get in a taxi and go pick up the date, then drop her off with the return taxi. Especially on the good likelihood of being asked up for a nightcap, as well :D

Standards, UG, standards ;)

...or maybe I'm old school and starting to show my age :(

TBH, if I was car-less and in that situation, I wouldn't ever expect the date to make her own way there and back.

I'd get in a taxi and go pick up the date, then drop her off with the return taxi. Especially on the good likelihood of being asked up for a nightcap, as well :D

Standards, UG, standards ;)

...or maybe I'm old school and starting to show my age :(

Because you are worth it!

Well that is what I would expect but I'm a country girl and not used to the big city. I came to Sheffield as a student and currently live in Hathersage which would make it rather expensive for someone who lived in Hillsborough particularly if they expected the taxi to wait outside the restaurant ..and afterwards.. I always do coffee.

edit - having just read your last post that puts things more in context, I've deleted my oroginal post

I would pay taxi fares.

Donkey ride to my mating mattress would be free of charge.

I dated a man who didn't have a car and married him a few years later, so yes, l would.

:huh: Why wouldn't I pick him up or meet him in my car?

How shallow would you have to be to refuse a date on the basis of the other party not having a car?

How shallow would you have to be to refuse a date on the basis of the other party not having a car?

About as shallow as refusing a date from someone who dressed like a tramp, couldn't afford to take you out, didn't use soap or slept rough on the streets. I suppose everyone assesses a potential partner to decide whether they measure up to expectations. As far as I know every species of mammal or bird on the planet does this.

Perhaps this is why you have so much time to spend on your computer. I think a lady is able and entitled to pick and choose her dates using any criteria she likes.

Edited by oldprune

Surely with all the wealth you accumulated as a law student from down south living in the poor north, you don't mingle with plebs without a car? :confused:

I don't get what's wrong with both parties making their own way to the destination, say you've agreed to go for a drink in town?

About as shallow as refusing a date from someone who dressed like a tramp, couldn't afford to take you out, didn't use soap or slept rough on the streets. I suppose everyone assesses a potential partner to decide whether they measure up to expectations. As far as I know every species of mammal or bird on the planet does this.

Perhaps this is why you have so much time to spend on your computer. I think a lady is able and entitled to pick and choose her dates using any criteria she likes.

It is shallow though, isn't it?! A car does not make a person, unless you are of course, materialistic and again... shallow :)