Strong winds Thursday

So now i know why people don't use bungee chords - because the binmen won't empty the bin!!!!!

Called Veola to ask why and was told it was H&S risk, even if I put a brick on the lid operatives were advised not to collect.

Apparently even though 10 of the bins on our street have gone over plus also the blue boxes and like a few other street it looks like a landfill, they have no advice on preventative measures, if the streets a mess call them after and they'll get around to tidying up.

What a farce, feel free to laugh at me :mad:

Dont feel bad, trying to help.

Our blue bin was filled mainly with glass, so quite weighted down, and it got knocked over... Spent most of the morning clearing up ours, and others, and putting it in our bin. I even cleared up the stuff that made its way down to the undeveloped land behind ours, and stood on some garden waste that had a nail sticking out of it. I'm now waiting to see if my GP wants me to get a tetanus jab.

Even though my bin is now overflowing, they will not reattempt collection. I will now have to put my recycling in our black bin, which will cause that to overflow. Even though theres the two of us, we max out our recycling with each collection (our black bin could be pushed to once a month, if need be) So very frustrated right now.

I've just come back from meadowhell and surprised to see tinsley viaduct open and to high sided lorries. Just driving down my road, two trees down and bits of astro turf flying about xxx

the science block at yewlands school closed to pupils

My back gate has flown off & the kids trampoline is now upside down at the bottom of the garden!

My back gate has flown off & the kids trampoline is now upside down at the bottom of the garden!

you are not the only one! thats what happened to my neighbor :?

There's a big piece of lead flashing that's come off my chimney and is now stuck in the middle of our roof..

I'm hoping it blows down into the front garden and not into the street..