Tree Surgeon recommendations

Just need it removing, including the roots. Its an apple blossom I think.

Ah, sorry. I tend not to do roots.

my son has a very large london plane that needs to come down as its close to the house. he has had a quote of 400 which he cant afford so he is offering the tree free to cut down and take the logs away to sell. he has been to the council and they say no problem he doesnt need permision as there is no conseversion order on it

my son has a very large london plane that needs to come down as its close to the house. he has had a quote of 400 which he cant afford so he is offering the tree free to cut down and take the logs away to sell.

At £400 he should snap their hand off: that's an utter bargain... in fact, if you've described the job accurately, it is so cheap it's probably a cowboy.

well if it is a cowboy and he can climb! my son cant and he still hasnt got 400 and he wanted the wood

I've experienced tree pruners in the past,tidy job! but no real knowledge of the tree in question and what it needs.......possibly a little bit like chefs at McDonalds.

There isn't enough skilled people in the industree.

There isn't enough skilled people in the industree.

Too many crappy employers driving the skilled staff into something else I think.

I've worked for several firms and they have nearly all taken the pi**.

i know a brilliant one...he comes and trims my magnolia its 20 foot high !!! and growing. He trims every year..takes all away n really good...my tree looks fab and healthy,he uses all prpoer equipment ect. When he first did it i was like omg its never going to look okay it was cut back and that year looked the best ever.

Whoever you get, pay on completion. I hired Garden Services and paid £480. They are coming back to clear up branches etc. That was 18 months ago

Whoever you get, pay on completion. I hired Garden Services and paid £480. They are coming back to clear up branches etc. That was 18 months ago

Thanks for that but I did manage to find someone about 6 weeks ago. He was the cheapest quote by far. I had quotes of £250 and £180. He came and did it for £120, he removed all the tree and cleaned everything up immaculately. Would recommend him to anyone BRILLIANT !!!!! :)

I have occasioned to wonder if it would be worth setting up a company to clear up after cowboys and chase them for the bill...

I'm a tree surgeon and get no end of phone calls to come and correct cowboys work and some of the stuff I see is scary

Anyone know of a decent tree surgeon who is actually in need of work at the moment?

We need some large conifers topping. We have tried phoning several to get quotes. Hardly any actually answer the phone, irrespective of what time or day we try, so we leave answer phone messages and none ever get back to us. We spoke to one who agreed to come and give us a quote and they didn't turn up.

Starting to think if they are so reluctant to engage with potential new customers, it must be a very lucrative business to be in!