Woodseats Subway

Oh yes. Have been there. Independents and chains.

Edited by horribleblob

Which unit are they in? If it already had planning permission as a takeaway, the council can't prevent Subway from opening a store. And if it did need planning permission the fact that there are already other cafes and sandwich shops in the area wouldn't be grounds for refusal.

Planner1 will no doubt explain in more detail :)

They're in the old Threshers. I quite like Subway, have done since I lived the States many years ago, so I'm quite happy about it. Probably just me :hihi:

When I work from home I sometimes pop out to Woodseats to get a sandwich. I've only found Beres to be any good, but the selection of breads/fillings is a bit limited.

What other sandwich shops do people recommend?

Someone told me that Voice has a lot of employees who go out for lunch, and that's why there are so many sandwich/lunch places in that area.

---------- Post added 05-12-2013 at 10:59 ----------

They're in the old Threshers.

Every time I see Threshers, I think of Marsha from Spaced: "I'm just going out to Threshers to do the weekly shop."

Geez how many food outlets are there along there!

Takeaway food outlets, Pawnbrokers, Nail Boutiques, Charity Shops, Wedding Dress Hire Shops, Cash For Gold, ... what happened to the old Woodseats that had shops that people wanted?

Its certainly gone downmarket

I pass through woodseats on a regular basis, rarly stopping. Good to see a subways there though, really nice sarnies, and lots of choice.

No surprise that the usual "wehh weehh local business wehh wehhh franchises wehh wehh starbucks" lot jump on it. I can see where you folk are coming from, and it is a fair point. But banging on about it day in day out will not change anything. You not going will not hurt their business either, as these places are recognised brands, and they are popular with the masses.

I hope the locals stick to their favourites & continue to support the small independent eateries.:thumbsup:

Me too.

I'd rather have the shop used rather then be vacant tho :)

Takeaway food outlets, Pawnbrokers, Nail Boutiques, Charity Shops, Wedding Dress Hire Shops, Cash For Gold, ... what happened to the old Woodseats that had shops that people wanted?

If people didn't want them wouldn't they go out of business?

Why not give people what they want?

Your OP kind of proves that people prefer Subway to what else is on offer.

If they don't, then the other business have nothing to worry about. If they do, then people are eating what they would rather eat, in which case these small business are surplus to the consumer's requirement.

What I'm saying is that if they're wanted they'll survive, if they're not then they won't.

Edited by Super Hans

Why not give people what they want?

Your OP kind of proves that people prefer Subway to what else is on offer.

If they don't, then the other business have nothing to worry about. If they do, then people are eating what they would rather eat, in which case these small business are surplus to the consumer's requirement.

What I'm saying is that if they're wanted they'll survive, if they're not then they won't.

Excellent post. Supply & demand. Its very simple.

At least people know what they are getting with a Sub and for us non-meat eaters, there are a couple of decent options and lots of salad.
You are kidding, right? Their veggie 'delight is a pathetic bit of cheese and er.. that's about it.

If I'd known it was a cheese sandwich pretending to be something fancy, I wouldn't have bothered in first place. Despite cheese and bread being darn yummy with the right selection, cheese sandwiches in shops/cafes are usually really boring and tasteless.

everyone seems to be slating subway saying that how can a big chain like subway come in, and how it will make small businesses go bankrupt. i am assuming that these people are unaware that all subways are independently owned, thus making them small businesses owned by local people!!!

---------- Post added 07-12-2013 at 22:15 ----------

You are kidding, right? Their veggie 'delight is a pathetic bit of cheese and er.. that's about it.

If I'd known it was a cheese sandwich pretending to be something fancy, I wouldn't have bothered in first place. Despite cheese and bread being darn yummy with the right selection, cheese sandwiches in shops/cafes are usually really boring and tasteless.

im guessing that they didnt tell you that you can have whatever salad and sauce you want on it as well as just cheese.