People on low incomes/benefits

Surprise surprise, the forum's Mrs Misery is whning about those naughty bankers again. Is there anything anywhere you don't think is the bankers' fault?

'Love of money is the root of all evil.' so probably no.

What surprises me is that nobody seems to care anymore. Do we have to wait for the whole system to collapse again this time with even more dire consequences?

What surprises me is that nobody seems to care anymore. Do we have to wait for the whole system to collapse again this time with even more dire consequences?

At risk of taking this thread off topic, nobody cares because it's none of our business what a private company chooses to pay its staff in bonuses.

There will always be people who earn more than you, so instead of getting jealous why not just accept it's the way capitalims works and there's nothing you can do about it?

Could the reason why the bankers seem to get away with everything be something to do with the "City Remembrancer"?

A chap called Paul Double, he has an unelected seat in both the commons and the lords and his job seems to be to remind the monarchy and government that they owe the city lots of money, usually at times when there's legislation that might affect the banks passing through parliament.

I say "seems to be" as as I'm not actually sure exactly what his job is.

The post has existed since 1571, I heard of it this month.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/exclusive-activists-and-mps-take-on-citys-influence-on-parliament-8960909.html

Maybe people on low incomes need a "Remembrancer" that sits in both the house of commons and the lords and fights their battles ?

At risk of taking this thread off topic, nobody cares because it's none of our business what a private company chooses to pay its staff in bonuses.

There will always be people who earn more than you, so instead of getting jealous why not just accept it's the way capitalims works and there's nothing you can do about it?

It will be very much our business if the system collapses. 'Jealousy' doesn't come into it.

Do you actually agree that women should be oppressed then, simply because it will make it possible to live on a single wage?

No, and my other half definitely does not think she was repressed by being able to stay at home with the kids, raising children and working in the home is a very important full time job.

I think a lot of people do care Anna, it's just that people feel genuinely powerless in the face of it all.

Of course I am. And when they were, EVERYONE was a lot happier and better off. Feminism gone mad. That's the problem today and we are all paying for it in one way or another. Back to basics. That's the ticket.

Yes. women! Know your place (!!!!)

What utter sexist cobblers.

My mother went out to work. Her "pin money" paid the bills and fed us.

Thanks to her, slogging her little guts out, we kids never went without clothes on our backs, food in our stomachs and coal on the fire.

It's no bloody wonder she ended up dying with a brain haemmorhage at just 40 years of age. She never sat down for two minutes together.