People on low incomes/benefits

It's still their choice to make though.

Yes , but if they are stuffing their kids with crap food due to poor education is this still ok?, meaning their kids might suffer due to poor attainment levels (ok this is subjective etc)

Then you have the issue of people coming on here asking for money......

OK- one of your links explains how people on a low income MAY eat differently (note, not DO eat differently) based on low income making it hard to buy a balanced diet, and the other is based on Australian eating habits, not British, and is a doctoral thesis, not a peer reviewed research paper.

Next?

Yes , but if they are stuffing their kids with crap food due to poor education is this still ok?, meaning their kids might suffer due to poor attainment levels (ok this is subjective etc)

Then you have the issue of people coming on here asking for money......

It isn't good, but the answer lies in education, not legislation.

It isn't good, but the answer lies in education, not legislation.

And therein lies the problem

I think its a generational issue , poor parenting has been handed down from one generation , this has to led to kids being bought up on crap food, McDonalds etc, and this has in turn led to them feeding their kids on rubbish....

Education is not just a school thing. I was taught to cook and bake properly by my mum, i taught this to my partner who was never a very good cook as he was never taught by his mum as she couldnt cook

And therein lies the problem

I think its a generational issue , poor parenting has been handed down from one generation , this has to led to kids being bought up on crap food, McDonalds etc, and this has in turn led to them feeding their kids on rubbish....

Education is not just a school thing. I was taught to cook and bake properly by my mum, i taught this to my partner who was never a very good cook as he was never taught by his mum as she couldnt cook

I think the way we live now is just as responsible for our eating habits, than the usual 'blame the poor' (& I'm not suggesting you're doing that).

Years ago extended families lived closer by and people didn't move about as much so it was much easier to pop down to Mum's to ask how to do a casserole or help peeling the veg if you're busy etc.

I think the pace of life nowadays has produced a culture of immediate gratification....it's no wonder that people choose the immediacy of a burger over a stew

I think the pace of life nowadays has produced a culture of immediate gratification....it's no wonder that people choose the immediacy of a burger over a stew

No Mister M. It's very simple. How many men come home from a hard days work nowadays only to find that dinner is not on the table. It's time women went back to basics and got their priorities straight.

No Mister M. It's very simple. How many men come home from a hard days work nowadays only to find that dinner is not on the table. It's time women went back to basics and got their priorities straight.

Or how many women come back from a hard days work nowadays only to find that dinner is not on the table. Many women are single with kids - they are the mother and the breadwinner.

You're not seriously suggesting that a woman's place is in the kitchen are you?

You're not seriously suggesting that a woman's place is in the kitchen are you?

Of course I am. And when they were, EVERYONE was a lot happier and better off. Feminism gone mad. That's the problem today and we are all paying for it in one way or another. Back to basics. That's the ticket.

It's interesting that this subject once again generates interest and outrage in equal measure, but the Royal Bank of Scotland bankrupting viable businesses and getting whacking great bonuses for it, and no one seems interested.

Why pick on poor people? What is it about these minnows that upsets people, while bankers can get away with genuine criminal behaviour, costing billions to the economy, but nobody seems to care?

Of course I am. And when they were, EVERYONE was a lot happier and better off. Feminism gone mad. That's the problem today and we are all paying for it in one way or another. Back to basics. That's the ticket.

Except for the many women who felt trapped, and those that wanted a life outside the home

---------- Post added 02-12-2013 at 23:16 ----------

It's interesting that this subject once again generates interest and outrage in equal measure, but the Royal Bank of Scotland bankrupting viable businesses and getting whacking great bonuses for it, and no one seems interested.

Why pick on poor people? What is it about these minnows that upsets people, while bankers can get away with genuine criminal behaviour, costing billions to the economy, but nobody seems to care?

Because it's easier to punch downwards than upwards.

it might be nice to have one parent at home, but a man's average wage is not enough to run a house and family these days. Now women have to go out to work to supplement that income whether they want to or not.

Why is that people who are on benefits or a low income seem to spend such a high % of their income on things like takeaways/processed food, expensive items at home and labels.

Instead of making food from scratch , buying good value ingredients and making do with lower value items, instead of complaining they have no money

I take it this is just another benefit bashing thread!

Have you anything to back up your statement?

No.

Thought not!