Red Renault, M54 BRV, Woodseats, Could get towed

Just walked back from Woodseats library and this car is parked on a back road near it.

Amey are planing the surface off the road and the car is the only one on the street. Parking services have just turned up.

Get there quick to rescue your car

Update: you got a ticket at the very least. Parking services just slapped something on the screen.

---------- Post added 02-12-2013 at 12:01 ----------

Too late. Tow truck arrived

Edited by I1L2T3

M reg renault - probably been abandoned - surprised it still goes

The reg. looks like a "personalised" number to me...the car may be newer...

It was an old car.

Quite a bit of that happening in Woodseats at the moment. I know of someone near to us that had the car towed also.

What amazes me, there have been signs up for weeks on virtually anything you can stick a sign on, stating that roadworks are going to be carried out on specific days. Massively inaccurate dates to be fair, but that aside the warnings are there.

Came out of the house this morning to find 2 workmen knocking on peoples doors, obviously trying to locate owners of cars parked on the street. I caught a couple of words from one of the workmen talking to his mate, something along the lines of "well, they'll get <REMOVED> towed then wont they" Pleasant chap he was!

It does state the restrictions are in place between 7:30am and 7:00pm but I haven't seen them there before 8am, and after 4pm? don't be ridiculous!

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

Why? Cars can last quite some time you know, and be insured, MOT'd and safe to drive

Quite a bit of that happening in Woodseats at the moment. I know of someone near to us that had the car towed also.

What amazes me, there have been signs up for weeks on virtually anything you can stick a sign on, stating that roadworks are going to be carried out on specific days. Massively inaccurate dates to be fair, but that aside the warnings are there.

Came out of the house this morning to find 2 workmen knocking on peoples doors, obviously trying to locate owners of cars parked on the street. I caught a couple of words from one of the workmen talking to his mate, something along the lines of "well, they'll get <REMOVED> towed then wont they" Pleasant chap he was!

It does state the restrictions are in place between 7:30am and 7:00pm but I haven't seen them there before 8am, and after 4pm? don't be ridiculous!

This is so that workmen can be sure that all vehicles are removed in good time and they don't have to spend half of their working day knocking on doors and waiting for tow trucks to arrive before they can start their work. It is for this reason that work is getting behind schedule.

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

I think the problem is caused by "cry wolf syndrome"

The first day the signs went up eveyone shifted their car.

Same on day 2, and then when they realised NO work was getting done and they'd moved the cars for nothing, they leave them where they are.

So its a classic case of waiting for the evidence, ie the arrival of men, machines and material, before moving it.

I think the problem is caused by "cry wolf syndrome"

The first day the signs went up eveyone shifted their car.

Same on day 2, and then when they realised NO work was getting done and they'd moved the cars for nothing, they leave them where they are.

So its a classic case of waiting for the evidence, ie the arrival of men, machines and material, before moving it.

I agree. There's a few streets being done at the moment in Woodseats/Abbey Lane area and residents seem to get their cars moved pretty quick when all the machinery turns up. But a lot of people park in the back streets when they go to work in Woodseats. My guess is the owner of the towed car saw other cars on the street, parked up for work, took a chance and got caught out.

Why? Cars can last quite some time you know, and be insured, MOT'd and safe to drive

Its a Renault Clio 1.1 first used in 1995, so by any standards its doing very well to still be in regular use.

Its a Renault Clio 1.1 first used in 1995, so by any standards its doing very well to still be in regular use.

That and the other 7'700 of the same models still currently taxed...

But whatever, Papa won't be pleased with Nicole

...But whatever, Papa won't be pleased with Nicole

Especially if that car's been parked there since the last ad in 1998 (was it)?