Lamp post been installed in the wrong place.

Does anyone know who to contact with regard to a newly installed lamp post that's obviously been put in the wrong place. It's one of those new 'downlighter' ones that as well as 'downlighting' also does very spectacular 'sidelighting' ... directly into my girlfriends flat. It's like that scene in E.T., where the alien space ship's directly outside the window.

I'm unsure wether to contact Amey or SCC ... any contact numbers would be helpful as the matter meeds resolving/removing quickly (although the light has recently been turned on, the post hasn't been firmly fixed in place yet ... much easier to move it now rather than later, at extra cost).

We have a gas lamp outside our bedroom window that is due to be changed for one of these new laser beam ones.It is going to cause sleepless nights and I have been trying to devise a plan to prevent this without having to resort to sabotage after it has been installed.The best I have been able to come up with to date is to offer the blokes instaling it tea and bacon sandwiches.While they eat their fill I intend to gain entry to their van and find the instalation plan.All I have to do then is turn it upside down on their clipboard and ,bob's your uncle, dazzled moles!

Best of luck getting them to move it. I feel you'll need it.

It will be easier to buy some blackout curtains than getting it moved i'm afraid....all SCC and Amey will say are "Its in the right place according to the plans"

Unfortunatly common sense doesn't come into it much when it comes to council works like this

I've just had the old one removed from outside my house but the new one hasn't been switched on, therefore it's pitch black!!

It will be easier to buy some blackout curtains than getting it moved i'm afraid....all SCC and Amey will say are "Its in the right place according to the plans"

Unfortunatly common sense doesn't come into it much when it comes to council works like this

I severely doubt it's been put in the right place ... not even an idiot would point a light with the same brilliance as a car on full beam directly into someone's lounge and bedroom. probably Amey/SCC realise their mistake already, due to the fact that they've not filled in the hole that its fixed in.

I'm just after help with who to contact, just to make sure that this is the case.

More than likely I will be needing the same contact information, they have placed the new streetlight about 2 foot from my bedroom window.

For now I just have to wait until they turn it on to see if it is actually going to be a problem

If there are community meetings coming up there is usually an Amey rep on hand to answer such questions. I thought the light was directed down so how did you get the side lighting effect.

I have mentioned a public footpath before now which goes behind the new light so it should be double headed and this has been left in limbo for a few months now.

I severely doubt it's been put in the right place ... not even an idiot would point a light with the same brilliance as a car on full beam directly into someone's lounge and bedroom. probably Amey/SCC realise their mistake already, due to the fact that they've not filled in the hole that its fixed in.

I'm just after help with who to contact, just to make sure that this is the case.

Try the link below there are questions and answers to street light problems.

You should also be able to find contact details on there.

Tel (0114) 27 34567.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/lighting/faqs.html

Edited by bazjea

You'll need to ring 2734567 and then I think it's option one followed by option two to get through to the call centre or switchboard that take calls for anything to do with Amey. They will take your details and say some-one will get back to you within five days. may I suggest you ask that one of their lighting managers contacts you or at the very least the guy who is in charge of the work in your area. The lights can be dimmed or made brighter apparently and will of been sited so they provide a uniform level of illumination although don't ask them for the technical specifications as they don't seem very willing to do that..

Must admit though if I had a light that lit my bedroom Iwouldn't mind it at all as my energy bills would be lower and i could always invest in lined curtains.

I've just had the old one removed from outside my house but the new one hasn't been switched on, therefore it's pitch black!!

We had the same, we had one of the old orange lights outside ours, but they removed that and placed one of the new lights about hundred yards away instead, so it's now pitch black in the evenings.