'Bottom Wellie' .. Is there a 'Top Wellie'

I notice the sign on the side of The Wellington at Shalesmoor describes it as the 'Bottom Wellie' ...

... Which would indicate that there is a 'Top Wellie' somewhere.

Any ideas where?

Wasn't the Hillsborough once the Wellington? Just further on Langsett Road

The Wellington was at the top of Wood St on the corner of Langsett road I used it quite a lot in my misspent youth in the 60s,it was a busy pub in those days.It used to have one of the old fashioned barmaids buxom with everything on show that's why I used it quite a lot if you know what I mean!.:love::confused::rolleyes:

I seem to recall being told the "top" Welly - owned by the same people - is actually in another town. I cannot recall where though - which doesnt help too much!

The Wellington was at the top of Wood St on the corner of Langsett road I used it quite a lot in my misspent youth in the 60s,it was a busy pub in those days.It used to have one of the old fashioned barmaids buxom with everything on show that's why I used it quite a lot if you know what I mean!.:love::confused::rolleyes:

Pretty sure that was the one my dad took me in,was on a visit from the army that was around 51

not sure about this,think just above wellie there was another wellie tucked away near some works.we used to play darts in it at nights,quite a scruffy place.would like to know what happened to it.

Hello and thanks for the replies … I have now had a look at (and taken some photographs of) the pub on the corner of Wood Street and Langsett Road … and, although now called The Hillsborough Hotel, it was originally called the Wellington Inn. Indeed this name is carved in stone above the double doors on Langsett Road.

Because of its location I m assuming that this was the 'Top Wellie'

I have posted the photographs on the Geograph web-site and linked them to the 'Bottom Wellie'