Is the a57 open near crosspool?

Have the roadworks stopped now, or will I still need to go down Hagg Hill to get out to the Ladybower?

Thanks

---------- Post added 01-12-2013 at 08:31 ----------

According to the Star ...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/sheffield-road-is-ready-to-reopen-after-emergency-repairs-1-6287189

... It reopens on Monday (only one carriageway though).

The A57 will re-open 1 lane on Monday 2nd December. Roadworks expected to be fully finished at the end of January

Have the roadworks stopped now, or will I still need to go down Hagg Hill to get out to the Ladybower?

Use A625 to Hathersage, then turn right over reservoir.

According to the Sheffield Star quote "Coun Jack Scott, Sheffield Council cabinet member for environment, recycling and Street Scene, welcomed the reopening. He said: “It’s great this stage has gone so well and the A57 is ready to reopen. “I’m very aware of the disruption caused to motorists by this landslide so we are pleased to move onto the next phase of work to prevent similar problems in the future.” unquote

Well I'm glad to see they are doing a thorough job given that it is one of the main routes into Sheffield from Manchester. However, this does NOT take away from the fact that this 1 lane mullarkey has been going on for at least 18 months. I can hazard a guess that this was down to some kind of legal wrangling about who was going to pay but the bottom line is that this road being down to one lane for over 18 months (prior to the complete 3 weeks closure) has caused me incredible stress and grief and lengthened my journeys considerably to go and care for my 93 year old father. It has also materially delayed me in getting to and from work. Whilst I appreciate the complexity of ensuring that future subsidence is prevented, it has taken FOREVER for them to actually get on with the main event of this work. And even now, they are still not going to have the wretched thing fully operational until the new year.

All praise for the lads on site actually doing the work - it's those who plan and pay that I am angry with - feels like too many bureaucrats to me. April 2012 and it's still not properly finished until the end of January 2014. Totally unacceptable.

Well I'm glad to see they are doing a thorough job given that it is one of the main routes into Sheffield from Manchester. However, this does NOT take away from the fact that this 1 lane mullarkey has been going on for at least 18 months. I can hazard a guess that this was down to some kind of legal wrangling about who was going to pay but the bottom line is that this road being down to one lane for over 18 months (prior to the complete 3 weeks closure) has caused me incredible stress and grief and lengthened my journeys considerably to go and care for my 93 year old father. It has also materially delayed me in getting to and from work.

I use it daily, at rush hour, both ways. I can't say that it has caused me any stress. A few minutes delay perhaps, but that is easy to factor into my journey.

I use it daily, at rush hour, both ways. I can't say that it has caused me any stress. A few minutes delay perhaps, but that is easy to factor into my journey.

This seriously makes me wonder if we have been using the same road. Perhaps you are fortunate enough not to have a very frail elderly parent whom you have to put to bed at night, (then have to rise early for work) whilst being over 60 years of age and still having to work full time. Either that or your job is considerably less stressful than mine is. Now the worst of this is actually over because my father has recently had to go into a residential care home. A few minutes to wait is nothing when you are not stressed. However, laying aside my stressful life for a moment, (Still stressful even with Father in care) nearly 2 years for a road repair (even if it was a complex structural fault - which is was) is an unacceptable delay in getting one of the main roads to Manchester fully usable once more.

Are you honestly saying that whenever you come across a road with a one way operation on it you simply smile and relax ? If so then good for you.

---------- Post added 01-12-2013 at 23:24 ----------

Oh SpikeMac, I wish I had your life - I've spotted that you joined I believe in March this year, and you have made 1750 posts to my measly 98. That tells me you must have a wee bit more time on your hands than I have ! However, retirement creeps ever closer for me and soon I'll be the one sitting in the one way traffic saying "Why on earth don't people chill out !!!"

This seriously makes me wonder if we have been using the same road. Perhaps you are fortunate enough not to have a very frail elderly parent whom you have to put to bed at night, (then have to rise early for work) whilst being over 60 years of age and still having to work full time. Either that or your job is considerably less stressful than mine is. Now the worst of this is actually over because my father has recently had to go into a residential care home. A few minutes to wait is nothing when you are not stressed. However, laying aside my stressful life for a moment, (Still stressful even with Father in care) nearly 2 years for a road repair (even if it was a complex structural fault - which is was) is an unacceptable delay in getting one of the main roads to Manchester fully usable once more.

Are you honestly saying that whenever you come across a road with a one way operation on it you simply smile and relax ? If so then good for you.

---------- Post added 01-12-2013 at 23:24 ----------

Oh SpikeMac, I wish I had your life - I've spotted that you joined I believe in March this year, and you have made 1750 posts to my measly 98. That tells me you must have a wee bit more time on your hands than I have ! However, retirement creeps ever closer for me and soon I'll be the one sitting in the one way traffic saying "Why on earth don't people chill out !!!"

I drive that way every day also , doesn't bother me either:hihi:

Drove down Rivelin this morning and all the signs were gone. Guess it must be open again.

Drove down Rivelin this morning and all the signs were gone. Guess it must be open again.

It was open this morning. Delayed my journey by 1 minute and 40 seconds.:cool:

I did time it. Maybe I do have too much time on my hands.

It was open this morning. Delayed my journey by 1 minute and 40 seconds.:cool:

I did time it. Maybe I do have too much time on my hands.

I hope that long delay didn't stress you out too much:D