Can not believe the nhs!!

I really cannot believe what I have seen today been in jessops for 2days now waiting for a bed on the labour ward they are really under staffed with no beds. Whilst waiting for 5hrs 2 poor women have given birth in the waiting room as there was no where for them to go!!! I cannot understand how this is even classed as appropriate. Im feeling really angry about it all to be honest and told the midwife in charge but is really not there fault.

I really cannot believe what I have seen today been in jessops for 2days now waiting for a bed on the labour ward they are really under staffed with no beds. Whilst waiting for 5hrs 2 poor women have given birth in the waiting room as there was no where for them to go!!! I cannot understand how this is even classed as appropriate. Im feeling really angry about it all to be honest and told the midwife in charge but is really not there fault.

There has to be a limited amount beds in any labour ward, and when the labour ward starts to approach that limit they have to prioritise the ladies on clinical need rather than use a first come first served basis.

It is really frustrating, my wife and I was waiting three days, as soon as your little one comes along these frustrations will soon be forgotten.

Edited by alternageek
Removed deleted posts

I cannot imagine how those poor mothers felt ,giving birth can be pretty scary at the best of times . To have to give birth in a waiting room is just not acceptable in this day and age .

you'll probably have more on your mind than lodging a formal complaint. I hope it all goes well for you. but i suppose we'll see more of this as the extent of the reductions in public services get worse.

you'll probably have more on your mind than lodging a formal complaint. I hope it all goes well for you. but i suppose we'll see more of this as the extent of the reductions in public services get worse.
and in january when the next lot come in :roll:

I had my daughter in Jessops (25 years ago tomorrow) she didn't want to wait until I was taken to the delivery room, she was born in the waiting room, they just rushed all the equipment in, to be honest I didn't care where I was she was 2 weeks late, and was perfect in every way.

I was looked after really well by the midwives at Jessops back in June but I do totally agree that they are under staffed. My after care was iffy and I think that it's short staffing to blame.

Unfortunately this is probably going to happen more and more,

And its not the hospitals fault, they prioritise on medical grounds first then everything else there after.

Its down to the goverment with there cuts to budgets, then they give a little back, but the biggest cuts have already been done,

Then we have a hi influx of migrants from other country's that is not helping.

A poor state of affairs.

I hope all that are there have healthy babies and that the goverment realises that more money needs to be spent to reduce or stop this happening

My niece had her baby at Jessops on Wednesday night and the staff were amazing she rang up for her induction and was given a bed straight away, they didn't seem understaffed she had 2 amazing midwives cant fault her treatment

I remember 7 year ago some poor women having to give birth in the labour ward entrance at jessops. Not very appropaiate to say the least (for her at least)

Sorry to hear this but with the current government this is only ever going to get worse. When they came into power they stated this was an area that would improve and made several promises. They have failed in every way.

They don't see the problem because it doesn't effect them.

Giving birth in the waiting room is awful. Opt for a home birth next time, I've had two and the experience was so much more pleasant, and a lot less painful as I was more relaxed.