M1 Christmas Cranes

The company that supply cranes have produced another good Christmas light display at the side of the M1 (Grange Mill Lane). Looks like an upgraded display along the cranes this year, well done guys.

Well done to the company. I use to see them when I visited my Mum and Dad but since they passed away I no longer go there. I use to think, how the hell do they do that? I wouldn't have the nerve to go up to the crane never mind anything else. Well done to the company, one day I will drive up there to see the great work they have done xx

D'you know, Christmas or No Christmas ... they are the sight that meant 'Home ... Now!'

Such a homecoming after a long trip, that the kids look out for.

They do also ask if we can go and see them!

Just seen them on the way home tonight. I was marvelling at them. - Don't worry - partner was driving!! Fantastic! Well done to the company that's done this.

You know that Christmas is on the way when the cranes light up! My little boy looks for them coming on every year (we can see them all the way from here!)

Hats off to the crane company. Nice to see a little christmas spirit :-)

I've often wondered how they get the lights on them. As someone who doesn't like heights, I wouldn't fancy being up there putting them on.

Like someone mentioned above, those cranes have now taken over from the cooling towers as a sign of nearly being back home from down sarf.

Regards

Doom

Have to agree with Doom. They have become the sign of being back home. The other iconic features have gone like the cooling towers, the stainless steel bull and many years ago the Smithy Wood Coking Plant bleeder flame. Hope someone at HTC sees they have been mentioned on SF for their efforts.

I've often wondered how they get the lights on them. As someone who doesn't like heights, I wouldn't fancy being up there putting them on.

Like someone mentioned above, those cranes have now taken over from the cooling towers as a sign of nearly being back home from down sarf.

Regards

Doom

if i remember rightly a worker was killed/injured in putting these lights up. the lights are left up all year round and just turned on at this time of year. they allways remind me of the outline of 2 giant planes. i wonder if the third crane further down the road will be decked out with lights

Better than Sheffield's Christmas light?

Better than Sheffield's Christmas light?

Was just about to say, it comes to something when two cranes Christmas lights out do the Sheffield City's lights.

Sheffield town lights, Rotherham town lights, Meadowhall lights....and yes the crain lights, there are all I have seen so far, and I think they are all so beautiful (there the only ones I have really seen so far).

I hope no scrooge comes along and turns them off in these "times of austerity". I think there ace!!!.

I use to work around Kiverton Park, I wonder if the house just off the A57 in Anston still goes out in full bloom!!! it use to look crazy, cool and awsome all at the same time!!! puts my string if fairy lights around the front bay to shame!!!