Tightest employer at Christmas competition!

Surely your employer is not supporting you through Uni out of the goodness of their heart ;)

Anyhow...if the employer won't do a Xmas do, organise your own :)

I fully intend to do just that. Brenton Beach awaits.

I have no paid holidays, I get paid an extra 50p an hour 'rolled up holiday pay' which I am meant to save for holidays. We can however have as many days off as we please due to that and zero hour contracts.

Last year, I was required to work on xmas day for no extra payment! I have booked it off this year :hihi:

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

employers shouldnt now use rolled up holiday pay

And to those people saying "Hurrrr duurrrrrr at least u have a job" - yeah I do, cause I went out and got one.

Chuckle.

I was off ill one Christmas .. Slipped disk, so the family firm I worked for gave everyone a Christmas present but me.

I remember years ago when I worked at TCD on Stone Lane, we used to get a nice big turkey every Christmas, as things got tighter over the years it looked like a pigeon.

Just out of interest, and without naming and shaming, can anyone beat my employer for the most Scrouge like treatment at Christmas?

The company I work for was taken over by a much larger company in recent years and have slowly but surely stripped back any Crimbo perks we had. 25th Dec is the only day of the year we don't open but they still take a day's annual leave from you that day (as bank hols are merged with your hols). No party unless you want to arrange and pay for your own,, no early leave christmas eve (used to get to leave at lunch time) no bonus, no present (we used to get a hamper of our own produce), plus if our customers send us a christmas present, we have to hand it in for the Christmas raffle!

Can you top that?!

Tell me, why do you think it is ok to steal from your bosses every December just because it is Christmas? You want time off at Christmas but you still want paying for it. I call that theft and at any other time of the year that's exactly what it would be. Christmas has a very nasty habit of keeping men from doing business.

Tell me, why do you think it is ok to steal from your bosses every December just because it is Christmas? You want time off at Christmas but you still want paying for it. I call that theft and at any other time of the year that's exactly what it would be. Christmas has a very nasty habit of keeping men from doing business.

Oh come on Ebenezer :hihi::hihi:

I remember years ago when I worked at TCD on Stone Lane, we used to get a nice big turkey every Christmas, as things got tighter over the years it looked like a pigeon.

Tee hee hee

Some employers should be named and shamed, so what, you work all week for average pay with very little perks in return.

Maybe there should be a law which makes employers adhere to certain rules about staff, something like a Right to Freedom Act.

If a person has a set belief or religion for some bizarre reason, then the employer should let staff do what they need at certain times of the year, maybe staff could just say, bugger off and walk out, find a new job the year after.

Some employers should be named and shamed, so what, you work all week for average pay with very little perks in return.

Maybe there should be a law which makes employers adhere to certain rules about staff, something like a Right to Freedom Act.

If a person has a set belief or religion for some bizarre reason, then the employer should let staff do what they need at certain times of the year, maybe staff could just say, bugger off and walk out, find a new job the year after.

This attitude is the problem in this country. An employer doesn't owe their staff a living or a Christmas. They should think themselves lucky to even have a job that pays them anything let alone a "minimum" wage. Anyone taking time off at Christmas should not be paid for it. Christmas is a total pi$$ take of those who are good enough to employ others.

Mind you , Christmas is a dubious invention that has corrupted the world for centuries so no loss there for most adults, it's a kids day.

This is Sheffield, if you want good working conditions then you will have to move a 150 miles South.