Lee Rigby's killers trial

It will be up to the jury to decide whether this is a valid defence.

I could give you my verdict now. :)

Regards

Doom

We don't have the death penalty.

We really should bring it back!

Only for 100% confirmed guilty i.e. video evidence or a confession but if you take a life you give a life

There's no defence,they even had to run him over 1st giving him no chance of fighting back,pure scum who should be made an example of.

There's no defence,they even had to run him over 1st giving him no chance of fighting back,pure scum who should be made an example of.

Did the soldier have more or less of a chance than the civilians that our allies are killing via drone attacks in Pakistan at the moment. Or the armies of Iraq and Afghanistan fighting with out dated ground weaponry and no air defence against the coalition forces.

Whilst I am not justifying what they did, I am pointing out that in some peoples eyes there is justification.

You are just seeing it form your point of view, which is quite small minded.

See link the trial has started today, I saw a bit on BBC news just read what they did to this poor guy, then all the bleeding hearts that come on here tell me they don't deserve the death penalty.

If anyone ever did it is these 2 pieces of inhuman flotsam.

I think the best way to determine a death penalty would be for the jury to decide, not the judge and on a majority decision not unanimous. In this particular case it would certainly be for the death penalty. If it had been Ruth Ellis for instance, she would not have been hanged.

Whilst I am not justifying what they did, I am pointing out that in some peoples eyes there is justification.

In some peoples eyes there's justification for stoning adulterers to death.....Fortunately we don't live in a country with such ridiculously outdated beliefs.

Regards

Doom

Did the soldier have more or less of a chance than the civilians that our allies are killing via drone attacks in Pakistan at the moment. Or the armies of Iraq and Afghanistan fighting with out dated ground weaponry and no air defence against the coalition forces.

You are just seeing it form your point of view, which is quite small minded.

Are not these armies the coalitions allies?and my mind is small:huh:

We really should bring it back!

Only for 100% confirmed guilty i.e. video evidence or a confession but if you take a life you give a life

Back to the Old Testament huh, things have moved on.

In some peoples eyes there's justification for stoning adulterers to death.....Fortunately we don't live in a country with such ridiculously outdated beliefs.

Regards

Doom

So maybe these 2 should be tried using that "justice" system. Im fairly sure that would result in a death sentence...

By sentencing them to death would only make them martyr's

I'm a big believer in big Colin on 'C' wing handing out his form of punishment for many years to come!

By sentencing them to death would only make them martyr's

I'm a big believer in big Colin on 'C' wing handing out his form of punishment for many years to come!

You mean you actually think it's right that other prisoners should be handing put 'punishment' to more vulnerable or weaker prisoners?

That sort of thinking is even more skewed and immoral than handing out death sentences, carried out with all due process, could ever be.

Are not these armies the coalitions allies?and my mind is small:huh:

We destroyed their armies and recreated them in our own image, headed by people (such as Karzai) who had the most to gain from a regime change.

What you are saying is akin to saying the French were the allies of the Nazi's in WW2.

I was suggesting small mindedness not based on a lack of factual knowledge, but because people seem to be unable to understand that some people think differently.

You are all outraged because a British soldier was killed in our nation. The concept of patriotism and nationhood is behind this outrage.

However, consider a different point of view. One in which your people were not those who were born in the same country as you (a chance occurance) but those who followed the same belief system as you. And once in which your nation was not based on arbitrary lines on a map, but the lands in which your people (linked by belief dwelt).

If you held this point of view then you could see the soldier as a legitimate target of violent reprisal. After all, this was a serving soldier whom had taken part in attacks on your land and people.