Lee Rigby's killers trial

If this is even remotely true then you are a better person than most (including me). There are multiple accounts of airmen being shot down and murdered by the local population (on both sides). Are Lee Rigby's killers much worse than these? Could the same legal defence be used in both cases?

If you send me a pic of yourself, preferably scantily clad, I will judge whether or not you can have my address.

Having searched through your posting history it seems that you are a nasty whinger who is always trying to blame someone else for things you are in the wrong for. I do not believe you are trolling either, because what you say isn't funny or annoying, just sad.

If you believe me to be an "enemy of the state" then report me you silly woman. The police wont need the assistance of a sad, lonely internet warrior to find my address. Silly girl.

Enlarged for posterity. :)

Perhaps the hang em and flog brigade havent considered the very good reasons that the death penalty shouldnt apply in such cases ie the wider consequences of creating religious martyrs.

Speak for him do you?

Are you his representative?

I note with interest that you make no attempt to justify your silly 'enemy of the state' comment.

I note with interest that you make no attempt to justify your silly 'enemy of the state' comment.

I note with interest you make no attempt to answer my question.

I note with interest you make no attempt to answer my question.

I speak for myself. The poster made good points. Your comments about anyone saying such things being an 'enemy of the state' were silly.

Perhaps the hang em and flog brigade havent considered the very good reasons that the death penalty shouldnt apply in such cases ie the wider consequences of creating religious martyrs.

So if we had the DP and someone murders a police man, they should be executed but say some religious nutter blew up a shopping centre, they woulndt be?

---------- Post added 30-11-2013 at 13:09 ----------

I speak for myself. The poster made good points. Your comments about anyone saying such things being an 'enemy of the state' were silly.

In your opinion.

Thats something you are entitled to.

Silly girl.

:huh:But he's a fat bloke with halitosis that runs abaht in a beat up Saab.

He does act like a big girl mostly though. :hihi:

We bombed in Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, we have colluded in the killing of 2 million in Iraq, and we build on this pyre in Afghanistan, as we did in Libya. We support terrorist in Syria, and invade and destroy with impunity, under the guise of freedom and democracy, but in fact its all about corporate gain. Blair is a shining example of how an individual can profit from carnage, in his role as Peace Envoy, as he continues to fervently suggest it has to be Iran next.

Civilians are and have been continuously terrorised as we demonstrate the wonders of freedom and democracy. Governments have the right to murder, and justify such policies, when the natives object to such harsh treatment. We punish nations for crimes of individuals, like punishing the whole school for someone breaking a window.

So the horror on the streets of London is just not British, its not what we do. Well not what we do in the UK and is nothing compared to what we do abroad, except not quite.

We do kill out people in tens of thousands every year, but not with bombs, not with knives, or machine guns, as the British palate requires a refined dish, peppered with words, spoken through crocodile tears by various authorities, and sincere politicians. We kill through management neglect around 30 thousand, year on year, decade on decade, and this form of killing, is acceptable, because it is subtle, and not an overt demonstration on one tragic death on the streets.

Anyone understand this hypocracy? When tens of thousands die unnecessarily and prematurely though government hands it OK but if one civilian kills its bad!!???

From a particular standpoint, not sensational tabloid, but a bit more grown up, maybe this this should be addressed, before martial law and mass surveillance stop any serious debate, other than the preferred knee jerk reaction of the bloodthirsty mob?

From a particular standpoint, not sensational tabloid, but a bit more grown up, maybe this this should be addressed, before martial law and mass surveillance stop any serious debate, other than the preferred knee jerk reaction of the bloodthirsty mob?

If we are going to have serious debate perhaps you'll tell us where you get the idea that we'll have martial law anytime soon from?

A strange notion that if a justice system imposes a death penalty, they will be martyrs to whomever shares some common identity. If an atheist murderer is put to death, does it create an atheist martyr?

A strange notion that if a justice system imposes a death penalty, they will be martyrs to whomever shares some common identity. If an atheist murderer is put to death, does it create an atheist martyr?

I doubt that it would. People's identities tend to be defined by what they do believe rather than what they don't.

We bombed in Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, we have colluded in the killing of 2 million in Iraq, and we build on this pyre in Afghanistan, as we did in Libya. We support terrorist in Syria, and invade and destroy with impunity, under the guise of freedom and democracy, but in fact its all about corporate gain. Blair is a shining example of how an individual can profit from carnage, in his role as Peace Envoy, as he continues to fervently suggest it has to be Iran next.

Civilians are and have been continuously terrorised as we demonstrate the wonders of freedom and democracy. Governments have the right to murder, and justify such policies, when the natives object to such harsh treatment. We punish nations for crimes of individuals, like punishing the whole school for someone breaking a window.

So the horror on the streets of London is just not British, its not what we do. Well not what we do in the UK and is nothing compared to what we do abroad, except not quite.

We do kill out people in tens of thousands every year, but not with bombs, not with knives, or machine guns, as the British palate requires a refined dish, peppered with words, spoken through crocodile tears by various authorities, and sincere politicians. We kill through management neglect around 30 thousand, year on year, decade on decade, and this form of killing, is acceptable, because it is subtle, and not an overt demonstration on one tragic death on the streets.

Anyone understand this hypocracy? When tens of thousands die unnecessarily and prematurely though government hands it OK but if one civilian kills its bad!!???

I agree with you wholeheartedly, except for the stand out word. Mr. Rigby was NOT a civillian. He was a soldier, complicit in the illegal invasion of a sovereign state, the agenda of which was to steal resources form a weaker nation.

Whilst I am not condoning the death of Mr. Rigby, I can understand (note, not agree with), the mindset of someone believing he is a justifiable target.

You see, it wasn't Mr. Lee Rigby that the people were targeting, but Private Drummer Rigby of the Rpoyal Regiment of Fusilliers. There is a massive difference that I assume will be lost on some people here.

A member of my extended family was murdered by the British Army in Ireland (I am maternally of Irish Catholic descent) a long time before I was born. I hold absolutely no malice towards the Army for this. I was very close to attending Sandhurst after school and through my Paternal line I am the 2nd generation in 8 to not join the Army. My Grandfather was a Lt. Col and my great grandfathers were a) A sergeant in the 8th Army and b) One of the members of the BEF that was evacuated from Dunkirk.

However, can I promise that had I been alive and a young, testosterone filled male at the time of my relatives execution at the hands of the British Army, that I wouldn't have sought revenge? No I can't. My relative was unarmed and shot in the back.

I wish I had the grace of the poor guy whose house was bombed (see previous entries to this thread) to forgive in this situation, but I am not sure that I would.

Mr. Rigby was a victim of OUR genocidal crusade. Killed by our politicians and our foreign policy just as much as he was by the two accused.