Hunt Saboteurs Association

My brother in law is a beater at chatsworth, so no, I'm not unaware of countryside matters .. Plus I live 3 miles from chatsworth too and 1 mile from the nearest Hunt ..

My opinions are of what happened on Saturday and as this is now in the hands of the police .. And rightly so.

I haven't seen a fox get into the hen-house

but I have seen the aftermath

yes foxes are a pest that need to be controlled around livestock

but a hunt is not about pest control, it's about pageantry, tradition, and social status.

Townies should keep out of countryside matters ,and stick to visits to Heeley city farm if they want to see animals. Hunting is a way of life for rural folk, a tradition .

---------- Post added 29-11-2013 at 17:44 ----------

Ever seen a Fox rip a chicken to pieces ?

Ever seen a Fox rip a Lamb to pieces ?

Foxes are vermin ,and need treating as such by any means possible. Yes, shooting them is more humane .but not always possible unless you sit there 24/7 waiting for one to pop its head round the corner.

That's purely down to inept farmers who don't care for their animals correctly. Mr Fox is part of our natural environment and should be protected at all costs. Hunters on the other hand, just pure scum.

Townies should keep out of countryside matters ,and stick to visits to Heeley city farm if they want to see animals. Hunting is a way of life for rural folk, a tradition .

---------- Post added 29-11-2013 at 17:44 ----------

Ever seen a Fox rip a chicken to pieces ?

Ever seen a Fox rip a Lamb to pieces ?

Foxes are vermin ,and need treating as such by any means possible. Yes, shooting them is more humane .but not always possible unless you sit there 24/7 waiting for one to pop its head round the corner.

yep and toffs riding round on horseback wearing stupid costumes makes it all the better and more humane :roll:

That's purely down to inept farmers who don't care for their animals correctly. Mr Fox is part of our natural environment and should be protected at all costs. Hunters on the other hand, just pure scum.

Totally agree .

And to sabotage a legal trail hunt is interfering.

I wasnt aware of another thread as I much prefer to spend my time shooting, working my dog and hunting than live on the internet.

I have much better things to with my time that argue over a forum, so im usually around wentworth, can't miss me, black dog and I wear cammo so if you see me say hello and I can tell you in person why your are wrong and/or a half wit.

Good afternoon ladies and gents, I shall say no more.

Have fun.

A person with all their wits would have know that the suggestion made was quite clearly stated "to go beating before a hunt and sabotage it by scaring the animals away from the hunt site"

No mention of masking any scents and so forth.

A person with all their wits would have know that the suggestion made was quite clearly stated "to go beating before a hunt and sabotage it by scaring the animals away from the hunt site"

No mention of masking any scents and so forth.

To walk across land enjoying the air is an act that will not attract prosecution.

Trespass with intent to disrupt can result in police removing you from the land.

"Softly, softly, catchee monkey"

Mind you, the last time I went with SabaTours, I ended up with some weird orangutans in Tawau!

Edited by cgksheff

People who take pleasure from hunting animals for blood sport, as opposed to food, have got to be mentally ill, surely?

People who take pleasure from hunting animals for blood sport, as opposed to food, have got to be mentally ill, surely?

Yup. And i'd question their suitability to being parents too. If they can take pleasure from an animal being ripped to bits who knows what else they're capable of.

Their are idiots in all walks of life.

If I were to introduce you to to some of the members of the foot packs in Cumbria, you would find a richness of life and community that may defy your generalisation.

Just because something is custom or tradition doesn't make it right. Female circumcision is custom for some. Doesn't mean it should happen.

There needs to be a better argument than "it's tradition".

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

And to sabotage a legal trail hunt is interfering.

I wasnt aware of another thread as I much prefer to spend my time shooting, working my dog and hunting than live on the internet.

I have much better things to with my time that argue over a forum, so im usually around wentworth, can't miss me, black dog and I wear cammo so if you see me say hello and I can tell you in person why your are wrong and/or a half wit.

Good afternoon ladies and gents, I shall say no more.

Have fun.

well im sure that given time you will grow up and be able to join the adults in a sensible discussion