Fantastic Asda Leaflet

Great leaflet with a fantastic offer today received through our Sheffield 8 Post Box today:

"Order your grocery shopping online and collect from Asda Greengate for FREE"

"Ooh," I say to Mrs Mobile, "are Asda trying to compete with Morrisons, Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose in the area - where is it?"

Turn over leaflet

Instructions on how to do it so that we can pick up our shopping at a time to suit us. Where is this fantastic bargain at?

Asda Greengate Supermarket, 147 New Line, Greengates, Bradford, BD10 0BT. And it is open 8 am - 10 pm.

Sorry Asda, don't think we will be taking you up on that offer.

Asda at Handsworth have just started doing that, order online & pick up there.

Asda at Handsworth have just started doing that, order online & pick up there.

Is that closer than the Bradford one ;)

Is that closer than the Bradford one ;)

I take it you're at S8, yes it's much much nearer, straight up parkway from town, take the off road at Handsworth round the roundabout & it's on the right.

Edit if you go on bing maps and put in your postcode as the starting point & S13 9LR as the finishing, it will give directions to Asda at Handsworth.

Pete

Edited by Bypassblade

Sorry Pete, I think the irony was lost.

Sorry Pete, I think the irony was lost.

So do I think I had a senior moment :hihi::hihi:

We've been going to the supermarket to collect our shopping for free since before the internet.

We've been going to the supermarket to collect our shopping for free since before the internet.

Ditto but still have to pay for it at the tills :hihi::hihi: I have used their internet delivery in past & must say it is good.

If you do the shopping online then you're less likely to be tempted by the offers in store, less likely to impulse buy.

Which sounds like a good idea at the time until you open the cupboard and there's no chocolate and you think to yourself "I wish I would have impulse bought those chocolate biscuits".

If you do the shopping online then you're less likely to be tempted by the offers in store, less likely to impulse buy.

Which sounds like a good idea at the time until you open the cupboard and there's no chocolate and you think to yourself "I wish I would have impulse bought those chocolate biscuits".

This is me all over haha :)

If you are going to order online, why would you collect? Isn't the point of internet shopping that you do it all from home?

I've wondered that.

If I'm making the effort to drive to the supermarket anyway then I might as well go inside and choose the products I actually want (like with fresh fruit & veg)

Plus impulse buys can sometimes be good, like if you go in looking for something - but then notice they have a competing product on offer at a lower price.