Advise on a new Internet Provider

I have just received a letter from Virgin Media saying my bill is going up by £4 in February 2014. I wondered if anyone could recommend an alternative provider. I want TV and Broadband connection. I think I am currently paying a lot for TV, Broadband and Telephone (approximately £45 per month) so I would be interested to know if this could be reduced. Many thanks

I use sky. Some complain about them , my connection has been far superior than all the others I have used and they have some good offers on new connections.

Ring them up and just see what they offer.

You might find that Virgin Media will bring their price down if you tell them you're leaving for a better offer & find a deal they could match. Alternatively you could see if they'll knock anything off for cancelling your phone, you don't need it for Virgin Media cable broadband (but you'll need a phone for any other broadband provider).

Edited by anywebsite

If you are computer literate and have your own router I am happy to recommend Talktalk, if however you think you might need technical support you might be better off with http://www.littlebigone.com they are a local company and have a really good reputation.

It will be less than 14p per day extra on average is it really worth it they,ll all be going up by next year i bet.

If your connection is via a BT phoneline then Virgin are just passing BT's January price increase.

I'm currently with BT, I moved to them because T**KT**K customer service could not/would not resolve

problems with my phone line. When I moved to BT they had a guy out and up the pole installing a new

cable to the house, Why couldn't T**KT**K do that?

Plusnet broadband get some good reviews and if I were to move then Plusnet would be one to consider.

http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/

I have just received a letter from Virgin Media saying my bill is going up by £4 in February 2014. I wondered if anyone could recommend an alternative provider. I want TV and Broadband connection. I think I am currently paying a lot for TV, Broadband and Telephone (approximately £45 per month) so I would be interested to know if this could be reduced. Many thanks

Can you not cancel the phone part and drop your TV down to M+?

I'm paying around £34 a month for all three but don't use the phone for outgoing calls.

Your lucky your monthly bill is only £45 per month - ours is currently £80 per month with Virgin Media and we too have recieved a letter saying our bill is going up by £5.75 in February.

Part of our package deal is the PC Guard ( full version ), which according to Virgin Media is to be scrapped after 31st December 2013 and another Antivirus program is to take its place at a cost of either £7.50 every 3 months or a one off payment of £25 for the year.

No doubt Virgin Media will still keep our monthly bill at £80 and still charge us for PC Guard that we no longer have and then charge us to have the newer version of the program installed.

They justify the increase of charges in February to offering a further 3 TV channels - all of which we won't use as we are not interested.......Sky Sports.

If your connection is via a BT phoneline then Virgin are just passing BT's January price increase.

I'm currently with BT, I moved to them because T**KT**K customer service could not/would not resolve

problems with my phone line. When I moved to BT they had a guy out and up the pole installing a new

cable to the house, Why couldn't T**KT**K do that?

Plusnet broadband get some good reviews and if I were to move then Plusnet would be one to consider.

http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/

they wont because your line rental still goes to bt, bt are responsible for the upkeep and installations of lines, talk talk probably didn't want to pay bt to sort it, by the way iam with plusnet and they are great, only issue I had was my line was touching another, they sent bt out the same day to sort, plusnet are the best ive used and the cheapest. and the callcentre is in Sheffield, not india so you can understand them. 10 out of 10 for me

If you are in contract with Virgin then you have just a couple of weeks from receipt of the letter to give notice and avoid any termination penalty

In September, Which? magazine published their annual customer satisfaction survey and judged Plusnet and Utility Warehouse to be joint top taking into account service and price.

You might find that Virgin Media will bring their price down if you tell them you're leaving for a better offer & find a deal they could match. Alternatively you could see if they'll knock anything off for cancelling your phone, you don't need it for Virgin Media cable broadband (but you'll need a phone for any other broadband provider).

This.

My friend is on virgin, if you phone them and tell them you want to move onto a new provider; you can get some deals out of them.

Go on, give them a call :)

Your lucky your monthly bill is only £45 per month - ours is currently £80 per month with Virgin Media and we too have recieved a letter saying our bill is going up by £5.75 in February.

Then just drop down to the starter package, that's about £35 a month.