Barlow ponds information?

Thinking about having a day up there tomorrow. Anyone been lately - hows it fishing - best methods? Never had a bad day yet but it's a lot colder since I last went. Cheers!

hey barnie did you have any luck here?? last time i went at the end of the summer they had drained 2 of the four trout lakes? had some great days there at the beginning of the summer .. got my first carp on the fly here too. was meaning to nip up there before the season starts to check it out see what the 2 lakes was looking like?

Had a great day mate - fished a little open match and caught just on 13lb of silvers from the bottom 'carp' pond. Never had a bad day there - just hadnt fished it in ages thats all :)

Last time i fished there the little cafe was there and it used to do a cracking brekky.

The new cafe is open now and been a few times - good grub next to the lake still. Can't wait for the weather to warm up and get back more often. Cracking little spot and close to where I live

Last time i fished there the little cafe was there and it used to do a cracking brekky.

café is now reopened again,nice breakfast but only mini chedders and mars bars for snacks for the bankside,could do with more choices inMO

fished middle lake two week ago,bagged 70lb 8oz in ide,perch and bream with 2xcarp at 9lb17oz and 16lb

Edited by lobworms
got wieghts wrong

Been out to Barlow today after being away from fishing for about a year. The cafe is under new owners - decent bacon sarnie - plenty of choices now with some specials on/ biscuits/ sweets/ cakes etc. Seems good value

Fished the cabin pond. Had a bloke chat with me before I started - reckoned it wasn't doing much. Started at 10am ish, had fish up in the water from the off, and dropped to the deck and caught plenty of net fish. Some nice perch, skimmers, roach, gudgeon and caught all day til I left about half past four.

Well worth a run out - and not that many fishing it today. Now has a specimen carp pond that's limited to ten rods per day too for the carpers.

Just thought I'd update the thread.

Tight lines!