Virgin media price increase

I rang them today to give them notice of cancelling my service.

Was going to just cancel the landline as I dont use it, and all I get are sales calls.

Turns out my monthly bill would go UP if I just cancelled the phone, so opted to cancel the lot.

Ended up keeping all my services, got it for £5 a month cheaper than what I pay now, and NO PRICE INCREASE.

I rang them today to give them notice of cancelling my service.

Was going to just cancel the landline as I dont use it, and all I get are sales calls.

Turns out my monthly bill would go UP if I just cancelled the phone, so opted to cancel the lot.

Ended up keeping all my services, got it for £5 a month cheaper than what I pay now, and NO PRICE INCREASE.

Get in there!!! Success!! That's all you needs to do folks follows this fella's lead :)

---------- Post added 03-01-2014 at 22:06 ----------

I did post earlier in this thread it's cheaper with the phone than without too didn't i so glad you found I'm right and you got a good deal

I get 120Mb through Virgin and it works out cheaper with the landline.

Never even plugged a phone in the socket haha!

been a damn sight cheaper if they no doubt hadn't paid a fortune to Usain Bolt in advertising fees..... strange how the charges have gone up about 3 times since he was recruited to advertise Virgin Cable.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Just had the annual letter from Virgin informing me of yet another inflation busting 7.5% increase in their charges. Time for a change methinks.

Just had the annual letter from Virgin informing me of yet another inflation busting 7.5% increase in their charges. Time for a change methinks.

Or call them and ask them if they will sort you out a discount to cover it??

I Don't get it why you'd instantly wanna change? Especially when every other provider is having an increase between now and virgins price increase!

Or call them and ask them if they will sort you out a discount to cover it??

I Don't get it why you'd instantly wanna change? Especially when every other provider is having an increase between now and virgins price increase!

Already called and was offered £5 off per month, £60 a year incentive.

People signing up to my package on Virgin's website today are offered a £75 incentive, how's that for rewarding loyal customers?

If Virgin valued their customers they should offer them the best deal without said customers having to phone to negotiate a deal. They only value customers when they say they are leaving.

I don't expect charges to stop the same but with Virgin it is above inflation increases year on year, especially since Liberty Global took them over.

Already called and was offered £5 off per month, £60 a year incentive.

People signing up to my package on Virgin's website today are offered a £75 incentive, how's that for rewarding loyal customers?

If Virgin valued their customers they should offer them the best deal without said customers having to phone to negotiate a deal. They only value customers when they say they are leaving.

I don't expect charges to stop the same but with Virgin it is above inflation increases year on year, especially since Liberty Global took them over.

This is common business now.

It annoys the heck out of me, and obviously you, and many others who have the ability to think.

From a business point of view, I can see why they do it though, it's a no-brainer really. It's quite a simple equation.

Same here, been meaning to change mobile and landline/net for a while, just changed mobile and now have added incentive to change landline/net, which I was planning to do anyhow.

VM take the p*** with their relentless above inflation price increases, I'm sure there was two in one year once as well.

I have to say though that I think it's a bit much when some companies proudly announce things like, there will be no increase for six months. Give me a break, no increase ever should be the norm. They talk as if they are doing you a favor by not contributing to inflation for another six months, just imagine the situation reversed,if you go for a job interview there, and say, I will do you a favor and work for that wage for six months but then I will have a raise.

Says it all when the VM rep on the phone says the way existing customers are treated is crap.

Its no good spending tens of millions to recruit customers whom you then proceed to treat with contempt.

Edited by BoroB

Says it all when the VM rep on the phone says the way existing customers are treated is crap.

Its no good spending tens of millions to recruit customers whom you then proceed to treat with contempt.

Unfortunately, financially it makes sense. You wouldn't believe how few people actually assess this sort of thing critically and with common sense. Easy money, same thing goes for the big utility firms.