Virgin media price increase

just got the letter "changes" to your services from vm. works out around ten % so have cancelled. going to get freeview and dab receiver. however will have to find a broadband alternative,or have I jumped the gun a bit?

I think you have defiantly jumped the gun, since BT, Talk Talk, Sky and all other major providers have all had or are also increasing there prices between Sept - Feb.

Your also losing out by going to freeview when virgin themselves offer a free view service but with no signal issues due to bad weather and also still gives you catch up TV & On Demand for free.

As for finding a new broadband provider, well you'll have to take a telephone line with any other UK provider which all of which are having an increase on line rental so you will pay the same if not more as VM's LR for this, and of course your broadband will be at least 6x slower than it was before due to it being an ADSL line that would be providing it compared the full fibre line VM use. Ooo and don't forget you don't even need a telephone line for Virgin Media's Broadband!

I'd suggest getting back on the phone to VM and cancelling your disconnection. Where else gives you the super fast broadband and instant TV that Virgin Media does? Answer? Nowhere.

Call 150 from your landline and then option 5 option 3 for Customer Relations they will help you cancel your disconnection.

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 16:16 ----------

Did you also see the part in your "changes" letter about your broadband speeds being increased again for free? Did you notice they give you BT Sport & ESPN in HD for FREE compared to the £15 of Sky TV? Did you notice they have integrated Netflix into TiVo boxes so you don't have to pay lots of money watching On Demand Movies (Which may I addd start instantly not 45 mins later once the Sky+ box has downloaded it), although the one demand feature is still there and has movies released on there same day as DVD release?

Did you notice the Free App's Smart Call and Virgin TV Anywhere that they have developed for you?

The FREE HD content?

Time for a phone call I think now my friend.....

I don't think you have jumped the gun as legally you only have two weeks from receipt of the letter to cancel without penalty even if you are in contract so you need to be on the ball.

Not all the companies are putting their rates up. I work with Utility Warehouse and they have frozen rates for the foreseeable future. Free broadband for 6 months too.

Sky's NowTV box at a tenner is worth a look too. I've just bought mine

I think you have defiantly jumped the gun, since BT, Talk Talk, Sky and all other major providers have all had or are also increasing there prices between Sept - Feb.

Your also losing out by going to freeview when virgin themselves offer a free view service but with no signal issues due to bad weather and also still gives you catch up TV & On Demand for free.

As for finding a new broadband provider, well you'll have to take a telephone line with any other UK provider which all of which are having an increase on line rental so you will pay the same if not more as VM's LR for this, and of course your broadband will be at least 6x slower than it was before due to it being an ADSL line that would be providing it compared the full fibre line VM use. Ooo and don't forget you don't even need a telephone line for Virgin Media's Broadband!

I'd suggest getting back on the phone to VM and cancelling your disconnection. Where else gives you the super fast broadband and instant TV that Virgin Media does? Answer? Nowhere.

Call 150 from your landline and then option 5 option 3 for Customer Relations they will help you cancel your disconnection.

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 16:16 ----------

Did you also see the part in your "changes" letter about your broadband speeds being increased again for free? Did you notice they give you BT Sport & ESPN in HD for FREE compared to the £15 of Sky TV? Did you notice they have integrated Netflix into TiVo boxes so you don't have to pay lots of money watching On Demand Movies (Which may I addd start instantly not 45 mins later once the Sky+ box has downloaded it), although the one demand feature is still there and has movies released on there same day as DVD release?

Did you notice the Free App's Smart Call and Virgin TV Anywhere that they have developed for you?

The FREE HD content?

Time for a phone call I think now my friend.....

I think most of these perks are only if you are on the XL package or so I was to understand when I read the small print on the back.They boosted mine up to 30 from 20 when I complained about my modem,they also sent me a new modem as well,free.

Before cancelling you should really have found out if you could get the services you require cheaper anywhere else.

jb

Before cancelling you should really have found out if you could get the services you require cheaper anywhere else.

jb

There is no one to beat the speed of Virgin internet

There is no one to beat the speed of Virgin internet

Got to say over the years we've had On Digital, had it less than a day daughter was upstairs and put on her hairdryer & it it took On Digital off. One rather irate phone call later it was switched off, then had Sky (robbers), now have Virgin Tivo it's a great box of tricks.

In the way of BB I've had Tiscali, BT, Sky & now Virgin, and none of the others come near Virgin.

I shall be making the call to see if I can reduce this package, our is just going up by £5.50 per month, and then they insult me by telling me all I am getting for this extra money.

I don't care a jot about the sports channel or speed it's fine as it is thanks another £66 per year is a joke. How much extra is everyone elses?

I shall be making the call to see if I can reduce this package, our is just going up by £5.50 per month, and then they insult me by telling me all I am getting for this extra money.

I don't care a jot about the sports channel or speed it's fine as it is thanks another £66 per year is a joke. How much extra is everyone elses?

Mine is £3-00 per month but I am only on the smaller package.T.V.,phone and BB.

I suppose you'll be able to I take it you've same as me the XL package as mine goes up £5.50, I'm not happy but hey ho.

thankfully, and this is of no help to you I'm afraid, but ofcom are introducing a caveat that if a service provider ups the price of something like this you are in contract, you will immediately get the right to cancel with no penalties.

Or you can do like one guy did and change the terms in the paperwork and send it in signed. http://rt.com/business/man-outsmarts-banks-wins-court-221/

I suppose you'll be able to I take it you've same as me the XL package as mine goes up £5.50, I'm not happy but hey ho.

Yes, on XL TV, unlimited landline (which I hardly use these days but need it for ageing parents calls!) and med broadband which is fast enough - it's a 10% increase though, ridiculous