Nice Pubs in S5 Area

Hi all

I have just moved to S5, near Hartley Brook school - it appears lovely and quiet the area.

Does anyone know of any local pubs nearby that are friendly?

Cheers

Paul

there is a nice club wadsley bridge wmc seenthe web site just Google it or face book

Hi all

I have just moved to S5, near Hartley Brook school - it appears lovely and quiet the area.

Cheers

Paul

HA HA HA HA,sorry mate but can't think of a nice pubif theres any left in S5.

What do you class as nearby?

Hi all

Cheers

Paul

theres a pub in Firthpark called wharncliffe near all the shops,

then after that, your best going to a working mens club.

as for lovely and quiet, get some good locks and make sure your house insurance is set up and get a alarm system in when you can

Travellers at Ecclesfield is your best bet,

Firth Park Wmc ,clean,safe well run and good prices entertainment every Sat & Sunday nights

Hi all

Cheers

Paul

You'll need transport mate,Commecial in chap if you like real ale,and there's a few decent pubs up Wentworth.

theres a pub in Firthpark called wharncliffe near all the shops,

then after that, your best going to a working mens club.

as for lovely and quiet, get some good locks and make sure your house insurance is set up and get a alarm system in when you can

Thanks for the advice. We have an alarm and insurance is set up okay.

Feel like Sheffield City Centre is best option for a nice quiet pub having googled the pub in question and the first result was "gun fired at Sheffield pub". Oh dear.

Cheers

---------- Post added 28-11-2013 at 10:32 ----------

What do you class as nearby?

Within walking/stumbling distance :)

I don't think that advising someone regarding alarms, insurance etc is a fair comment regarding the area, it's not that bad a place. There just isn't any pubs left in that part of S5 for some reason.

Rather than go into town I would try Kelham Island, there are half a dozen really nice pubs down there, but it all depends what you want from a pub.

I've always found the Commercial at Chap a dreary sort of place in years gone by, but someone on this thread obviously likes it, so it's just a matter of personal choice.

Thanks for the advice. We have an alarm and insurance is set up okay.

Feel like Sheffield City Centre is best option for a nice quiet pub having googled the pub in question and the first result was "gun fired at Sheffield pub". Oh dear.

Cheers

---------- Post added 28-11-2013 at 10:32 ----------

Within walking/stumbling distance :)

i totally forgot about that and i was there about an hour or so before it happend.

but generaly it is a good pub,

Town i like to be around division street when with the wife or sportsman on my own,

any way have fun

there are no decent pubs in S5 because the druggies and dealers have brought them to their knees, scaring off the decent customer base, or ending up with them being demolished i.e. magnet, five arches etc,. expect the timbertop and forty foot to join this list.