Christmas 2013 Logo Competition

Hi Geoff

I've just sent you an email.

Thanks

Mr Bloke, I expected more ....:( Your high standards are known to some of us (winks) and I'm let down :(

Mega's is my winner though!! :D

Fista taught me all i know mate. :D

As for Mr Bloke's offering, if all it does is moves it's eyes after all this anticipation, i think he should be banned till the new year. :hihi:

Fista taught me all i know mate. :D

As for Mr Bloke's offering, if all it does is moves it's eyes after all this anticipation, i think he should be banned till the new year. :hihi:

Fista!! Ah!!

Yeah!! I was expecting an all singing and dancing thing. Mr bloke should be ashamed :D

The logos are now live, including Mr Bloke's correctly animated one, which is rather good!

I find it distracting Geoff. Can't you ban him for being a smart arse ?

Argh... something not quite right with the logo rotating script, it made the site crash!. I will have to take another look at it over the weekend.

Argh... something not quite right with the logo rotating script, it made the site crash!. I will have to take another look at it over the weekend.

Lay of the beers next time ;)

Fista!! Ah!!

Yeah!! I was expecting an all singing and dancing thing. Mr bloke should be ashamed :D

I'm so sorry that I've let you all down! :cry:

I tried my bestest and it just wasn't good enough... :cry:

I think you are all beginning to expect too much of me... :cry:

This competition is supposed to be a bit of fun and now you have gone and spoilt it for me... :cry:

Well that's it then... I've had enough... you know what you can do with your pixels! :rant:

At least Mr Geoff appreciates talent when he sees it! :thumbsup:

Lay of the beers next time ;)

Scandalous accusation!

For anyone remotely interested, the server starting reporting errors as it was running out of disk space. This was, indeed, caused by the script that rotates the Christmas logos. It's same script we've used for years, the difference being that we upgraded PHP during this year and it was set to record warnings as well as errors. This hadn't been a problem until now, but logo rotation script was creating a warning each time it loaded - creating a 16GB error_log within a matter of hours! That, combined with a few other large backup files, caused us to run out of space. This will be less of an issue in the future a) because we're not logging warnings any more (they're a bit OTT) and secondly the new server has a lot more disk space.

Scandalous accusation!

For anyone remotely interested, the server starting reporting errors as it was running out of disk space. This was, indeed, caused by the script that rotates the Christmas logos. It's same script we've used for years, the difference being that we upgraded PHP during this year and it was set to record warnings as well as errors. This hadn't been a problem until now, but logo rotation script was creating a warning each time it loaded - creating a 16GB error_log within a matter of hours! That, combined with a few other large backup files, caused us to run out of space. This will be less of an issue in the future a) because we're not logging warnings any more (they're a bit OTT) and secondly the new server has a lot more disk space.

16GB error load!! OMG!! :o Hope you make some real hardcore back ups!! I still blame the Grolsch though :hihi:

I'm so sorry that I've let you all down! :cry:

I tried my bestest and it just wasn't good enough... :cry:

I think you are all beginning to expect too much of me... :cry:

This competition is supposed to be a bit of fun and now you have gone and spoilt it for me... :cry:

Well that's it then... I've had enough... you know what you can do with your pixels! :rant:

At least Mr Geoff appreciates talent when he sees it! :thumbsup:

I retract my big gob Mr Bloke!! Now Mr Geoff has eased up on the amber nectar and I can see yer logo in full flight > It's ACE!! Well done!! :)

I retract my big gob Mr Bloke!! Now Mr Geoff has eased up on the amber nectar and I can see yer logo in full flight > It's ACE!! Well done!! :)

OK Mr Rampent you're forgiven... and you can stop grovelling now! ;)

Remember, there's still lots of time for you, and anyone else, to submit your entries into this brill logo competition!

Let's see more entries and have a bit of a laugh instead of all the usual moaning and arguments...

A wise old poster once wrote,

"It's better to fail at trying to make someone laugh, than it is to succeed at trying to make someone miserable"

Can anyone remember who it was that wrote that? ;)

Merry Christmas everyone... :D