Scheduled Update @ 10:30 18/06/19 Read more... ×

Christmas 2013 Logo Competition

I'm sorry, but I don't know how wide 275 pixels is. How many pixels wide is the SF screen please ... that should give me an idea :idea:

The entirely depends on your computer. Different monitors are different sizes.

A pixel isn't a standardised physical dimension. I've used monitors where a pixel is over and inch wide. Some of them aren't even square.

275 pixels is 275 pixels - that's it. There are no conversions to other measurements that are identical across computers.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how wide 275 pixels is. How many pixels wide is the SF screen please ... that should give me an idea :idea:

Your new avatar is 80 x 80 pixels - but you already knew that didn't you? :roll:

Now leave Mr Geoff alone - he is a very busy man! ;)

Your new avatar is 80 x 80 pixels - but you already knew that didn't you? :roll:

Now leave Mr Geoff alone - he is a very busy man! ;)

Now you've pointed that out, I managed to answer my own question thanks.

80 pixels is 28mm on my 510mm wide screen, therefore 275 pixels will come out at around 98 mm (the same size as the template shown, but there's no mention of it being the full size, or just a scale). From this, I can now work out that a standard black line that I draw on other pictures I've posted on this forum will need to be three times as thick to maintain definition (Based on standard A4 size which I work to).

So, as you can see, my question was not a stupid one ... the logo will be just over 20% the width of the screen (irrespective of size) :)

Now you've pointed that out, I managed to answer my own question thanks.

80 pixels is 28mm on my 510mm wide screen, therefore 275 pixels will come out at around 98 mm (the same size as the template shown, but there's no mention of it being the full size, or just a scale). From this, I can now work out that a standard black line that I draw on other pictures I've posted on this forum will need to be three times as thick to maintain definition (Based on standard A4 size which I work to).

So, as you can see, my question was not a stupid one ... the logo will be just over 20% the width of the screen (irrespective of size) :)

Can't wait to see the result! :D

Can't wait to see the result! :D

Leave me alone ... I'm busy. :P

Put it this way, if the logo submitted doesn't measure 270x65 pixels exactly then it's going to be either stretched or shrunk down ;)

Edited by Geoff

Put it this way, if the logo submitted doesn't measure 270x65 pixels exactly then it's going to be either stretched or shrunk down ;)

Hi Geoff :wave:

I've just submitted my animated logo but your 'stretching' program seems to have stripped out my animation.

The logo file submitted was 80.1KB but the file displayed on the forum page is only 7.2KB.

Could you have a look to see what's happened please?

Thanks

Mr Bloke :)

Hi, I'll have to change the instructions for those who want to submit animated ones. If you can email me it please - geoff@s-f.co.uk, ta.

Hi, I'll have to change the instructions for those who want to submit animated ones. If you can email me it please - geoff@s-f.co.uk, ta.

Hi Geoff

I've just sent you an email.

Thanks

Massive fall out in the design a Xmas logo He he!!

How can any of you even concentrate to make a logo! Don't you realise Santa will be here in 23 days. I literally can't contain myself. Every year I try to pretend that I'm not excited but I really really am. Isn't Christmas just the best time of the year.