Christmas 2013 Logo Competition

Cannot up load my incredibly fantastic logo design which I'm sure you will think is absolutely rubbish,

however I get the message "Sorry, Mikes10: Bad File - File is too Large or of the Wrong MIME Type".

The file is 270 * 65 pixels as requested, I've tried both bmp and png formats. Also there are no

other logos uploaded to view, I can't believe I'm the first to submit an offering so I suspect the

problem is at your end.

Hi Mike, it might be, we did successfully upload during testing though.

Update: Thanks for emailing the files, I successfully uploaded the file (.png) so maybe try again?

Edited by Geoff

Hi Mr Geoff :wave:

Sorry for messing up your other thread but I've only just spotted this one. :blush:

Anyway...

if you are allowing animated logos this year could you please tell me what is the maximum file size allowed...

... and I've also spotted a bug while trying to find this information for myself.

I pressed the 'Submit Entry' button looking for more info and it displayed

"Sorry, Mr Bloke: Maximum Number of Allowed File Uploads Exceeded"

even though I've not submitted anything! :(

I remember some people had problems submitting entries last year, so maybe this was the cause?

Erm ... can I please just ask ... is the template for the Christmas logo to the right scale ... I measure 95mm by 20mm. This works out at about 5:1 according to my calculations.

How wide will the logo be in proportion to a computer screen ... 10%, 20%... 100%? I'm planning on doing a drawing/painting and there's no point putting too much detail in if it's only a small logo.

Finally ... can I just send in a pic from my comp (taken by my trusty camera) and get someone else at SFHQ to adjust the pixel stuff (which I don't understand).

Very finally ... is there a better prize than the tokens? (I'm thinking holiday) :P

Thanks! :)

@Mr Bloke: Thanks, can you try again now - how big is your file? Anything reasonable (i.e. < 100KB) should be fine, which is plenty for a small logo, even when animated

@Alcoblog it's 275 x 60 pixels at 72dpi if that helps. Or just open the image, stick something in the blank space, and submit it - that's what most do :)

Thanks, can you try again now - how big is your file? Anything reasonable (i.e. < 100KB) should be fine, which is plenty for a small logo, even when animated

I've not done it yet Mr Geoff, so I wasn't trying to submit it, I was just looking for more info.

So I'll not press the button again until I'm ready!

And I'll keep it below 100KB then, thanks! :thumbsup:

I meant trying the button again, to get to the submit page, thanks

I meant trying the button again, to get to the submit page, thanks

Oops! :blush:

Just tried it and got the submit page - thanks again! :)

@Mr Bloke: Thanks, can you try again now - how big is your file? Anything reasonable (i.e. < 100KB) should be fine, which is plenty for a small logo, even when animated

@Alcoblog it's 275 x 60 pixels at 72dpi if that helps. Or just open the image, stick something in the blank space, and submit it - that's what most do :)

It doesn't help whatsoever ... I know nothing about pixies. :P

Waheeeyyy! ... just got a bigger avatar! :heyhey::clap::bigsmile:

Erm ... can I please just ask ... is the template for the Christmas logo to the right scale ... I measure 95mm by 20mm. This works out at about 5:1 according to my calculations.

How wide will the logo be in proportion to a computer screen ... 10%, 20%... 100%? I'm planning on doing a drawing/painting and there's no point putting too much detail in if it's only a small logo.

Finally ... can I just send in a picture of my entry from my comp (taken by my trusty camera) and get someone else at SFHQ to adjust the pixel stuff (which I don't understand).

Very finally ... is there a better prize than the tokens? (I'm thinking holiday)

Thanks!

Got the feeling of deja-vu reading that - threads merged :)

1. Yes

2. Refer to earlier answer

3. Only vouchers, thanks.

Got the feeling of deja-vu reading that - threads merged :)

1. Yes

2. Refer to earlier answer

3. Only vouchers, thanks.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how wide 275 pixels is. How many pixels wide is the SF screen please ... that should give me an idea :idea: