Smoke BBQ resturant St. Paul's area

I read an article in the star about a new BBQ place opening under the St. Paul tower, anyone know what it'll be called or a website ? Tried to fine the article on star website but its difficult to find when you can't remember the name of the place!

I saw it too. I think it's going to be called something like 'Real Texas BBQ'. I hope it's good. I wondered when this sort of thing would catch on over here, what with The Common Room and Relish having a go at it. I have to say though, having had the real thing in America and trying the latter here, I'm a little disappointed.

Is it going into the empty unit next to that Italian restaurant, opposite from Brown's? Pleased to see that filled.

Excellent stuff! Not tried the new relish any good ? review in the star made it out to be a fast food kind of place rather than a proper restaurant but that won't stop me giving it a try.

Its nice to see a few places opening around there, could do with a couple of bars to mix it up abit and make it another area to go for a meal and drinks

I like the sound of the online menu. No prices on there though. When does it open?

Thank you. I'm going to have a walk passed today to see what it's like.

Okay, so it will be Texas BBQ, but what style of Texas BBQ?!?

Texas style.... I've never been to a barbecue restaurant/takeaway in England that has come near to being as good as even a mediocre Texas bar-b .

Texas BBQ is broken down by four styles as per the wiki article. Its not like generic as Kansas City or North Carolina style..

We popped in last night.. Not the cheapest of meals, considering the portion size, but you are clearly paying for QUALITY over quantity. I still came out full from my main of brisket and s'more pie for dessert. The brisket was served with a steak knife, but a butter knife would have been fine.

There are some teething issues going on (they really need beer glasses over the mason jars - which is fine for soft drinks, but not alcohol; having grease paper under the food - no one wants to cut up paper and eat it) but otherwise we would go back again, as a treat.