What is the best Pub Carols venue

Any advice as to where is the best place to go to for pub carols? We are new to the city but have heard of the tradition and would like to try it.

Which part of town?

Cross Scythes in Norton is good.

Which part of town?

Cross Scythes in Norton is good.

North side of town preferably but I don't really mind.

I can think of two:

Rivelin Hotel down in Rivelin and the Princess Royal at Dungworth (admittedly not quite in Sheffield).

I reckon the best thing to do would be Google the pub's names and see if anything comes up.

Traditional carol singing has already started in Travellers Rest, Oughtibridge on Saturday nights and Blue Ball at Worrall on Sunday lunchtimes, recommend both these pubs, there will also be carol singing at the Wharncliffe Arms and the Blue Ball at Wharncliffe Side over the Christmas period, check with these pubs for dates. If you are new to the area I am certain you will get a warm welcome and enjoy the singing at any of these pubs.

Edited by john1948
miss spelling

Traditional carol singing has already started in Travellers Rest, Oughtibridge on Saturday nights and Blue Ball at Worrall on Sunday lunchtimes, recommend both these pubs, there will also be carol singing at the Wharncliffe Arms and the Blue Ball at Wharncliffe Side over the Christmas period, check with these pubs for dates. If you are new to the area I am certain you will get a warm welcome and enjoy the singing at any of these pubs.

Thanks to both of you. Much appreciated.

I am part of a Brass quartet and we are playing in The Greystones (Thornbridge Pub) 4pm Christmas Eve, Cross Scythes (Thornbridge Pub) 22nd Dec at 8.30pm, The Stag (thornbridge) - lunctime 24th Dec The Wheatsheaf in BASLOW - 16th & 18th at 7pm and 22nd lunchtime, The Ale House (Frazer Rd nr Sainsburys) - 20th Dec 8pm

We will be bringing Carol word sheets with us if anyone wants to sing-along - and we do Carol requests!!

Every Thursday evening for the run up to Christmas at Black Bull Ecclesfield.

We have traditional Yorkshire folk carols every Thursday between now and the end of the year (including Boxing Day). The singing starts at 7.30pm,and,as one of Sheffield's very few genuine free-houses have rather a good selection of real ales on offer as well as home made mulled wine. If you know the tune to Ilkley Moor Bah Tat you should be ok!

Any advice as to where is the best place to go to for pub carols? We are new to the city but have heard of the tradition and would like to try it.

Try the Blackbull at Eccelsfield every thursday night until xmas, lots of very old traditional carols

starts at 8.00pm

blackbull

18 church street

eccelsfield

sheffield

s35 9we

Try the Blackbull at Eccelsfield every thursday night until xmas, lots of very old traditional carols

starts at 8.00pm

blackbull

18 church street

eccelsfield

sheffield

s35 9we

Wow, so many options! Thanks.