Fire closes M1 near Sheffield?

It was true earlier. Car transporter was on fire, it shut the section between J30 and J31 and made the roads horrendous over this way.

It was true earlier. Car transporter was on fire, it shut the section between J30 and J31 and made the roads horrendous over this way.

Too true. All capped off by a lorry driver who parked his lorry at the crossroads at renishaw at about 5.30pm causing traffic coming off the m1 at jct 30 and heading towards Sheffield via eckington to jam further.

I work in Dinnington and driving home past Ulley res was like being on M1 ,with the amount of traffic travelling between swallownest and Dinnington/Todwick ,because of the closure.

I live a few minutes from Clowne and was in Clowne at the time heading towards Chesterfield to college. It was a nightmare and then there was a crash on one of the main routes through there blocking us up a bit more. Ended up giving up on getting to college for 5.

It took me 4hrs to get from junction 28 to 30 it was horrible

seen the video its was bad!

Is the area clear this morning anyone know? And was fire north or southbound?

Fire was on the Northbound section just after Woodall Services. Think it's all open again now.

I was shocked that folk were driving under the bridge, particularly a bus.