Bus Fare Price!

i remember when from woodhouse junction it was i believe 10p into town and 15p right through to crookes?

and kids fares were 2p

I remember paying 2p (child fare) on bus from High Green to Lane Top at 14, then paying adult price at Esseldo cinema to see Tales from the crypt.

1978 to 1981: Burncross to Sheffield Bridge Street (No 80 route) 7 miles, the adult fare was 14p! Bus fares were heavily subsidised by the County Council in those days.

In the early 1970s the lowest child fare was 1p. The rise in the RPI since then is about 1100%, so a fare of 11p would now equal in real terms what kids paid 40 years ago..:(

Yep - like this..:)

hiya, just talking about bus fare only today, we would travel from the bottom of fitzwilliam st on the moor up to hunters bar to go to woodwork class at hunters bar school,that was in 1949/50 the fare was 1d., in our weekend trips we would go to fulwood forge dam from west st top of fitzwilliam st that was a 1d as well, when we set off for home we would walk it back home,from forge dam,

1/ whitley wood,2/ whitley wood bingham park,endcliffe park,down eccleshall rd, home. i remember my dad getting a three halfpenny central that was in the 1940s.when i moved on to where i live now in the mid 60s down to archer rd the fare was 8d

i also remember in the 50s sheffield to boston by coach fishing trips were 12s.6d, (62 .1/2 P) by S.U.T.

Edited by willybite

From Ecclesfield Grammar to the village was three hapence! To the Ball Inn was tuppence. I used to pay to the village and stay on, sometimes l got away with it. To go all the way round to the Co-op was threpence. I was right chuffed when l got a bus pass. 62 - 69.

I went by bus (#102) to Sheffield schools from 1943 to 1950 and paid 1/2 d for the whole

period.