Subway doesn't sell bacon!!

Subway has been very foolish, they should have clauses in their franchising contracts that prevents people from removing entire meats from the menu; at the end of the day this particular store may be Muslim run but "Subway" is still the name on the front.

I asked the Subway at centertainment why they do not sell the BBQ rib anymore and they said it was because its pork and they (subway) are Halal now. So it IS a Muslim thing.

Somebody better tell Tommy, quick!

He'll be back here protesting with his merry band of drunken football hooligans fasater than you can shout "knuckle-dragging lager-louts with criminal records"

I asked the Subway at centertainment why they do not sell the BBQ rib anymore and they said it was because its pork and they (subway) are Halal now. So it IS a Muslim thing.

..and a significant number of the franchises are owned by Muslims and they've paid handsomely for the privilege, but there's nothing stopping anyone owning one and serving bacon.

Some are, some aren't :

http://www.subway.co.uk/menu/halal.aspx

SUBWAY stores always encourage customer feedback. So following a strong demand from our Muslim customers, SUBWAY stores in the UK and ROI introduced certified Halal meats in specific stores. When you see the symbol you can be reassured that only Halal meats are served in that SUBWAY store.

At this time, only a limited number of stores serve Halal meats.

..and a significant number of the franchises are owned by Muslims and they've paid handsomely for the privilege, but there's nothing stopping anyone owning one and serving bacon.

There is as they will be locked into Subway as the supplier of the products they sell. Subway also can stipulate what they can sell too.

This is where I will take you back to my earlier comment that Subway have become Halal and so they will no longer sell pork based products.

The last time I looked there were at least a dozen sandwich shops on London Road where you could buy a bacon butty!

Which just goes to show that there is clearly a demand for it and that the decision to pull pork products from the Subway there wasn't a business decision.

Subway has been very foolish, they should have clauses in their franchising contracts that prevents people from removing entire meats from the menu; at the end of the day this particular store may be Muslim run but "Subway" is still the name on the front.

Here you go, enjoy:

http://www.subway.com/ContactUs/frmCustomerService.aspx

However given the social demographic of the average Subway diner, few would know or even be interested in the difference between a bacon or turkey rasher provided their bellies were being distended by oversalted, highly processed, additive laden meat products :hihi:

How many proper sandwich shops did you walk past on your way to Subway? Why?

I really can't understand why they're so popular despite making the worst sandwiches around.

There is as they will be locked into Subway as the supplier of the products they sell. Subway also can stipulate what they can sell too.

This is where I will take you back to my earlier comment that Subway have become Halal and so they will no longer sell pork based products.

...and if thats the case they've made a commercial decision presumably based on dedicated research, its not intended to spite non Muslims, and as I said on London Road there's a myriad of alternatives to Subway, thank god.

Ar we not allowed to Be English anymore

Traditional English Brekkie Sausage [usually pork] Bacon, Egg, Black Pudding [pig blood & fat]