The New Moor Market

Also, no parking?! Flippin great multi storey car park next door with discounts for market shoppers!

Indeed, as if the old market was awash with free parking next to it :rolleyes:

There may be a stop outside the market but the market footfall is big and its not near the market entrance/exit. The bus stop on Eyre Street ES3 only caters for some buses but not all. There are 2 more stops ES2 and ES1 further up Eyre St that cater for more but are they are a good 200 yards or so away. To be fair though the distance to them is not much further than the distance from the old market to the tram.

Okay so lets accept that the walking distance to the market entrance may be longer, however the distance you travel INSIDE the market is shorter.

I would be very surprised if the actual result isn't that you have to walk LESS distance to get to the stall you want.

It is not a lie ,try it if you are elderly or infirm ,the tram was also a great idea as it was so convenient for shoppers who used the Markets area.

Good planning that was.

But there is hardly anything else IN that area now and its way less convenient as you have to cross a road to get at all the shops.

The people I know that have issues with the new market, access/location isn't one of them.

Moving it to the moor wasn't a bad idea, the actual design of the interior of the building and the charges to the stall holders was.

Edited by AlexAtkin

I suppose the question “Do we actually need an indoor market?” should come into the equation, I know that the wife and I don’t.

Trouble is they are trying to kill off the outdoor one, the land owner wants to rent it out for other things.

I don't often go into town, but when I do I typically do use the market.

Just come back from town the Market is packed.Took all of 20 minutes to Fifth Park with a choice of at least 5 buses

I’ve never had an issue with the veg - much the same and cheaper.

The fish and meat I get not only cheaper but way better than I’ve had from the regular supermarkets.

Agreed. The meat is of far better quality than any I have seen in any supermarket.

Yes it is. The bus, many of which were rerouted, stops right outside it.

Who are all these elderly and infirm people who get the tram from the north of the city, anyway? Didnt know the tram went to Firth Park and such. Got a link?

Where is and such?

You don't really know Sheffield areas do you, no the tram doesn't go to Firth Park but it does go to Middlewood and my bus and many more go to Pond Street . There's many areas in Sheffield who doesn't have a 'rerouted ' bus service to the Moor so then you have to change buses somewhere along the line and in some cases a second change.

Where is and such?

You don't really know Sheffield areas do you, no the tram doesn't go to Firth Park but it does go to Middlewood and my bus and many more go to Pond Street . There's many areas in Sheffield who doesn't have a 'rerouted ' bus service to the Moor so then you have to change buses somewhere along the line and in some cases a second change.

For every one person its better for, it will be worse for someone else. So be it.

Take a bus from old market to new market site. 15 minutes plus waiting time for bus to get there. Many of them buses take a spaghetti noodle route all over with long waiting times at places like peace garden and driver exchange at fargate.

After this nightmare journey what you get at new whatever it's supposed to be you realise not to bother again it's not a real market. But how can you know if you have never been to a real market before.

15 mins plus waiting for a bus? You must be purposly waiting for one of the less frequent buses. You can get on buses every fewminutes and under the one bus system can use any

Just seen today in the city centre a group of people wearing T shirts with "Save your Moor Market" written on, is there something I don't know ?

Sheffield Council thought that the market would survive,but the Market now is not attracting people to visit the Market,they keep trying to Revamp the Moor but it might be o.k when the weathers o.k but when its raining not many people will want to go down the Moor,Why Hasn"t a Roof or some sort of cover been installed so you know your not going to wet when going down to the Moor and into the Market,then the Market will survive

Sorry, but I can't help finding the Moor Market dark and pretty dismal. A dark concrete box with no atmosphere at all. Not a lot to reccommend it really. I wish it was otherwisw...