The New Moor Market

I have never set foot in it, so can’t comment other than to say, where else but The Moor could it have been situated?

It is not connected with the tram. No parking. The people who used old castle market from northern part of the city now have to double or triple their journey times when using public transport. When you get there you pay same as in supermarkets and it is not all that better either.

Using local traders is a much better option than going to that (market?)

I don't call this new market a market any longer, it has turned in some expensive twisted political dream drama vision that looks moor like some airport terminal than any of the real markets I have been to in my life.

I used to go out of my way to few things from castle market.

I have passed that thing on moor many many times without even looking at it or considering if we need anything.

Edited by dutch

Let's have a think ???? Market Street sounds as though it's summat to do do wi markets,then Exchange Street seems pretty obvious to any one with a bit of grey matter or maybe Commercial Street could jump out of the pages to any one with the slitest interest in Sheffield oldest past and still living history.

Yes putting it in the centre of a demolition site, surrounded by boarded up buildings would have been a great idea, best give your ‘bit’ of grey matter a good massage. :hihi:

It is not connected with the tram. No parking. The people who used old castle market from northern part of the city now have to double or triple their journey times when using public transport. .

That is an out and out lie. Double or triple? Come on now :hihi::hihi:

Yes putting it in the centre of a demolition site, surrounded by boarded up buildings would have been a great idea, best give your ‘bit’ of grey matter a good massage. :hihi:

Let me think ,got it!!!!!! Haymarket that rings a bell along with Market Tavern (still hanging on by he skin of its ramparts:hihi:)

It is not connected with the tram. No parking. The people who used old castle market from northern part of the city now have to double or triple their journey times when using public transport.

No parking? What about the car park next it? For more spaces then the previous place. And the time taken certainly isn't double or triple for people. More than likely 5/10mins dep3ndingon which bus you get on

That is an out and out lie. Double or triple? Come on now :hihi::hihi:

It is not a lie ,try it if you are elderly or infirm ,the tram was also a great idea as it was so convenient for shoppers who used the Markets area.

Good planning that was.

It is not a lie

Yes it is. The bus, many of which were rerouted, stops right outside it.

Who are all these elderly and infirm people who get the tram from the north of the city, anyway? Didnt know the tram went to Firth Park and such. Got a link?

Yes it is. The bus, many of which were rerouted, stops right outside it.

There may be a stop outside the market but the market footfall is big and its not near the market entrance/exit. The bus stop on Eyre Street ES3 only caters for some buses but not all. There are 2 more stops ES2 and ES1 further up Eyre St that cater for more but are they are a good 200 yards or so away. To be fair though the distance to them is not much further than the distance from the old market to the tram.

Edited by apelike

There may be a stop outside the market but the market footfall is big and its not near the market entrance/exit. The bus stop on Eyre Street ES3 only caters for some buses but not all. There are 2 more stops ES2 and ES1 further up Eyre St that cater for more but are they are a good 200 yards or so away. To be fair though the distance to them is not much further than the distance from the old market to the tram.

There are bus stops on two sides of the market, one of which is next to the back doors. They cant get any nearer. I dont see the issue.

Take a bus from old market to new market site. 15 minutes plus waiting time for bus to get there. Many of them buses take a spaghetti noodle route all over with long waiting times at places like peace garden and driver exchange at fargate.

After this nightmare journey what you get at new whatever it's supposed to be you realise not to bother again it's not a real market. But how can you know if you have never been to a real market before.

Take a bus from old market to new market site. 15 minutes plus waiting time for bus to get there. Many of them buses take a spaghetti noodle route all over with long waiting times at places like peace garden and driver exchange at fargate.

After this nightmare journey what you get at new whatever it's supposed to be you realise not to bother again it's not a real market. But how can you know if you have never been to a real market before.

15 minutes on a bus to get from the old one to the new one?

Bluff.

In any case this is clutching at straws. Yes it may be a FEW minutes more on a bus from some areas, but now LESS from others. And if you are travelling from the suburbs to shop at the market rather than using shops in the suburbs, your time cant be that precious to you anyway so a few minutes more wont hurt.

Edited by EmmaJones76

Also, no parking?! Flippin great multi storey car park next door with discounts for market shoppers!