The New Moor Market

bickering removed. Start it up again and there will be consequences.

Just the right bit of cheesiness and innuendo i think,

I visit the City Hall on occasions to see various artists
Thats not on West Street

Apart from that we have all our family get togethers in the Red Deer on Pitt Street [do you know where Pitt Street is?].
I do know where that is and surprisingly its not West Street either

On walking to our tram or bus stop we have to pass the so called inteligent and upwardly mobile West Street mob, spewing, scrapping and shaggging in full view of all and sundry.

So yes I do know West Street very well.

So, we're getting to it. You don't actually go drinking on West Street or know much about it or the people you've just seen it for a few minutes as you scuttle along it while you get transport back into the warm glowing warming glow of real sheffielders?

In contrast on some Friday or Saturday nights I visit the Norfolk on Dixon Lane in the ex Market area , no problems ever en counted except for the occasional snore from a home less Street sleeper who sleeps down that end so as not to his or her head kicked in by the drunken ****es on West Street.
No doubt there were endless real sheffielders filthy from coal mines or steel works who were showering them with food or blankets or the cheery Castle Marketeers were setting up for the day and singing happy songs while cartoon animals helped them while the fake sheffielders from West Street were rutting like animals and drinking themselves into a stupor

Thats not on West Street

I do know where that is and surprisingly its not West Street either

So, we're getting to it. You don't actually go drinking on West Street or know much about it or the people you've just seen it for a few minutes as you scuttle along it while you get transport back into the warm glowing warming glow of real sheffielders?

No doubt there were endless real sheffielders filthy from coal mines or steel works who were showering them with food or blankets or the cheery Castle Marketeers were setting up for the day and singing happy songs while cartoon animals helped them while the fake sheffielders from West Street were rutting like animals and drinking themselves into a stupor

Do you some thing ,you are bang on:loopy:

Who are the people who said early opening would encourage them to shop there?

Surely it makes more sense to do late opening not early, as people can then do their market shopping after work?

Nobody is going to do their shopping before work as where would they store it to avoid it going off?

Nobody is going to do their shopping before work as where would they store it to avoid it going off?

At work, in the fridge in the kitchen. Works for me.

i suppose the question should be "how many people who shop at the moor market on their way to work are able to store the purchases in the fridge at work?"

answer. not many.

gosh wouldn't you be cheesed off if you arrived at work on a stinking hot day with 5 kilos of fish only to find the fridge full with someone else's shopping.

Edited by drummonds

Works for me too.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Its a bit like the idea that having a cinema down the moor will attract more market business. Do the shopping then take it to the cinema and stink the place out.

---------- Post added 19-08-2015 at 14:27 ----------

Great if your workplace has a big fridge, or any at all come to that.

Great if your workplace has a big fridge, or any at all come to that.

Precisely, we are talking about people who already do this.

In order for it to be viable they would need a lot more people to do it than already do and then suddenly that fridge (should you even have access to one) would be too small for everyone.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Precisely, we are talking about people who already do this.

In order for it to be viable they would need a lot more people to do it than already do and then suddenly that fridge (should you even have access to one) would be too small for everyone.

Maybe the lot more people aren't all sharing one fridge ;)

But seriously: you don't need that much fridge space. Say an average shopper gets some meat in once a week for tea, and fish once a week - those need refrigerating. But eggs, tinned foods, bread, fruit and veg don't so I don't expect any one office fridge to suffer too badly.